6 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2010 9:09 PM by ncrunner RSS

Chase Credit Card

scgregp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have had nothing but issue with Chase. Recently they blocked my account because they changed my statements to e-statements and did not send me a bill. I did not pay the bill since I never received it. I did have a small balance and min payment of 31.00. Chase locked the account. this was the first time I was late in two years and they were at fault. I am not happy with the bank and looking for other means for business. the points is not worth the hit on the Credit scores. Two years ago they lowered the credit limit from 16k to 8k without a notice and raised my rate to 28% for being late once.

Marriott needs to put some pressure on them to have their customer service level match Marriott’s. they are an embarrassment to them. Chase is one of the worst banks with a terrible track record since the finical collapse.

Marriott do something, I am looking at Hampton Inn with this mess. After 900 nights you are about to lose a customer over your credit card relations. Marriott is a great company and this issue is a big one. Chase strong arms their card holders. The cousin Vinnie down the road.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Chase Credit Card
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Haven't had anything bad happen with my new card yet but with the new laws in force we can expect more and more restrictions and less service for our money.  Have you contacted the folks at Chase (as in their ombudsman) or the SEC, or the FTC--this may seem overkill but it is worth a try!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Like SteppingStones, I have never had any problem with my Chase Marriott Premier card -- quite the opposite.  Both when I've spoken to customer service representatives and used their website to inform them of international travel, they've been great.  And the points (and nights) I've gotten have been phenomenal.

ProfChiara

vpplayer Platinum

I agree with the last two posters -- Getting the Premier Card was one of the smartest things i ever did.  If I carried a balance that would be different, but i use it mostly only as a charge card.

I did have a minor billing interest charge $30 which was unexpected, and although they had the right to charge it (always read the fine print) , the Chase CRS I spoke to removed the charge immediately -- she didn't have to.  It probably helped that i was polite, understanding and unagitated about it when i spoke with her.  Of course YMMV.

You don't mention any contact with Chase reps.  If you did, how did they respond to your concerns?  I'm not defending them, just curious as to others' experiences.

scgregp Platinum

THE CRS state they cannot (or will not) do anything to Help. Basically they told me it is what it is. Last month really bothered me when they signed me up for paperless billing and I never got a bill. I was late by two weeks prior to noticing that I had not received a bill. I got stuck with 39.00 in late charges and a 28% interest rate. For something I never asked for. Last year they cut my credit line from 30K to 9k with no prior notice just a letter stating they are reducing credit line to protect themselves. Now I have to pay the card sometimes twice a month just to keep under the line.

I Bank at a credit union due to all the fee’s banks were starting to charge just prior to the TARP deal. I save over 400.00 a year just in online banking and processing fee’s a year with the move. But since the move regular banks I work with the service has gotten terrible. It is like they know I moved to a credit union and being punished for it.

Problem will move to the credit unions card and forget the extra points. Chase is the only company reporting negative on my credit report for late payments. Twice in 3 years. One was my overlook while all the TARP was rolling out.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Paperless billing got me cross-wired with Comcast but that was solved after three long phone calls and a few cycles of billing, hope.

Good luck--is there an arbitration means listed on the terms and conditions.  It takes time to follow that route but it might get their attention.

ncrunner Platinum

I'm confused -- If say are paying 2x a month because your 9k limit is too low (which was reduced from 19K 2 years ago but also reduced last year from 30K?), how did you get miss making a monthly payment?

Also, Chase shouldn't report anything to your credit report for a payment that is only 2 weeks late.  From what I recall, they only report when payments are over 30 days late.  You will get stuck with the late fee & interest charge, but that's buyer beware...

I certainly don't blame Marriott for problems I have with my Chase Visa -- I'm glad they offer the chance for me to earn extra points & elite nights credit!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...