1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2010 7:56 PM by anadyr RSS

cash back in addition to reward points

alwaystraveln Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for 5 years and would like to share a little known secret to all other rewards members. A website call EBates (www.ebates.com) is a great way to still earn your points through Marriott and get a % cash back on your travels. 

First create an account with ebates. You don't have to suscribe or pay anything.

Then when booking a trip go to the ebates website and search for Marriott. As of May 10 there is a 1% cash back offer.  ( If you spent $125.00 per night you would receive $1.25 back, it does not include tax or other fees)

Click on Marriott and it will take you directly to Marriott's website and book your travel as you normally would.

Then once you submit payment in a few days you'll notice a credit in your ebates account.

At the end of the fiscal quarter (Jan-Mar, April-June, Jul-Sept, Oct-Dec) you'll receive a check from ebates.

I, for example, have had 10 business trips this year. I ALWAYS stay at marriott if at all possible. I got 11,126 points and 15.10 cash back.

Not a bad way to utilize the system.

Happy Travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...