1 Reply Latest reply: May 9, 2010 2:40 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Renaissance 57 Hotel New York

hopetownlovers Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Wonderful Property with friendly accommodating staff.  I just wanted to post feedback on a great experience at this New York Boutique style hotel.   I was upgraded automatically to a Junior Suite.  I am here on my birthday, and they left a tasty cupcake and a bottle of wine as a birthday gift waitng for me in the room.

I had done research here on this forum, and on other travel review sites on where to stay this week and it came down to Ren 57 and EastSide Marriott, I was at the Marriott downtown last week, but my husband was coming in and i wanted to be uptown while he was here.  This hotel is definitely funky and hip.  Because it is an older buidling, the layout is small, but very high end.  It feels high quality and the staff are all here to make the stay great!

Concierge Lounge:  I read in some older posts that the concierge lounge was part of the public lounge, which really turned me off, but when I looked at their website it sounded separate which was part of why I was willing to give the Ren 57 a try.   I arrived Friday and today is Sunday, so I'll know for sure tonight if the access is separate.  There is a door that seems to have a cardkey reader, so I think it will be separate access.   I hope so -- because I count on that lounge when traveling.

Location is great -- walking distance to great shopping and to Central park and Time Square!

Definite recommendation!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: Renaissance 57 Hotel New York
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hopetown

glad you like it.  Ren 57 ios my fav in nyc.  yes, the concierge room is separate and a room key is needed to enter.  in lieu of any buffet, you are able to order anythiong off the appetizer list free of charge.  I agree, the staff is friendly, the hotel cozy and a bit funky, and thelocation great.  Enjoy your stay!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...