8 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2010 8:54 PM by nuhusker RSS

Marriott Expands Complimentary Internet | Americas

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://cache.marriott.com/Images/ConfigurablePromotions/MR_High_Speed/MR_oscar_landing_pg_smREV.jpg

Update: Starting today, May 7th Marriott expands complimentary broadband Internet access for Gold and Platinum Elite throughout the Americas.* Depending upon the brand and the location, connectivity, ease of login and speed can vary considerably.

What are you experiencing?  How is Marriott measuring up?

* Update

• Re: Marriott Expands Complimentary Internet | Americas
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I will test the system in a few days and report back.

I expect some problems with the roll-out at those hotels where the "Wired For Business" plan has been in place for many years:  essentially it offers unlimited phone calls within the lower 48 states and INTERNET for a bundled price.

As I understand Andrew's post, this means that with the free Internet comes local calls, but long distance can still, and will still be charged at some rate.  In many overlay areas the issue of local calling can be tricky.

Separating these charges will be dicey for the next few months I would assume.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

I am at the Fullerton, CA Marriott this week.

No problem using the complimentary internet here --- at checkin, the front desk gave me a special login and password which bypasses any charges.  Also, every associate I spoke with knew about the new elite internet policy and how it is supposed to work.

Sounds to me like there was thorough orientation on this implementation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/carousel_insiders.gif

"Sounds to me like there was thorough orientation on this implementation."

Training can have a positive impact. Since the complimentary offer is reserved for Gold and Platinum Elite, associates hopefully have a heightened appreciation of Elite guest expectations.  Hearing that all went smoothly on day 1 is very reassuring!  Thanks for letting us know, countryjim.

Did they discontinue Wired for Business at the Fullerton location?

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Stepping Stones

The front desk here at the Fullerton MARR says that while they still have the "wired for business" package for those who so desire,  they now give all golds and plats (upon checkin) an internet login name and password for complimentary use.

It should be noted that this hotel makes a distinction between "wired for business" on one hand -  which includes phone and internet and which is programmed into their communication equipment to be "swirtched" on and off depending upon guests ordering the service - and complimentary internet login for golds and plats on the other hand -- which apparently is a separate setup within their communications equipment.

Thanks--I am about to test this myself in Las Vegas and will post what happens

hopetownlovers Gold 8 Reviews

Marriott Ren 57 in New York --  Checked in May 7th -- I didn't ask specifically for the free Internet- but when I mentioned it, they absolutely knew about it and credited my account !  So -- it's working.  I'm still here and using it now !!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

At the Knoxville Marriott tonight, and using the comp internet.  Expecting my bill to be adjusted at check-out.  Although I can't get the wireless to work, the cable hook up is working just fine.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...