2 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2010 9:07 PM by nuhusker RSS

Room placement

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just discovered (again) that some rates at some hotels automatically generate a change to information stored in our preferences at Marriott.com.  One hotel, where I am booked in a week for four nights sent an email telling me that I was located on a "mid floor" rather than the high floor that is in my profile, so I called.

Seems that in larger hotels, the rate booked generates a different room assignment than the profile states should be given if possible.

Room location is not on of the guarantees, sadly, so we are at the mercy of the computers on this.

Reservations at this hotel (starts with R and is in a major city in Nevada) assured me that the Platinum Premier status would certainly help when I checked in, but of course I have to wait until then.

Anyone else find this to be the case anywhere?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Room placement
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Yes, I've had similar experiences.  I've even had to go as far as threaten to move to another property at check in when they were attempting to place me in a room that was less than desirable.  The only time I accept a room not on a high floor is when there is an upgrade involved, even then I cannot stand first floor rooms.

Would be nice if they can fix the system to actually care about status, or make it so that PP status gets the exact type of room they ask for, including hotel placement.  As PP we should never have to "settle" for anything while in a Marriott property, no matter if its paid or points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Room placement
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Zukracer -- your position is the same one I've taken for some time now.  Either I get a high floor -- the highest is preferred -- or an upgrade on a lower floor, or I cancel my reservation on the spot and go to a competitor. I'm prepared every time I check in for this possibility. I've actually only had to do this once, and since then, every time I check in at the affected hotel I get the club level and often get a suite on that level.  I'm convinced that talking (threatening to go somewhere else) isn't nearly as effective as walking.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...