3 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2010 2:33 AM by klaus29 RSS

Istanbul Marriotts

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'm reconsidering my plans to go to Greece Tuesday and was wondering if you could share recent experiences with any of the Istanbul Marriotts.  Which is best in terms of location?  Were you satisfied with your experience? Are there excursions and day tours?

Thanks in advance,

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Turkey
  • Re: Istanbul Marriotts
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Professor,

Sorry about the events in Greece!

None of the Marriott's are very well located for siteseeing.  Think you'd waste time and money going back and forth.

I know that you also stay in Best Western's so you may want to consider that option.... there are a number that are more centrally located.

When I was there, we hired a local guide through our hotel to show us the major sites in Istanbul for a 1/2 day.  Well worth it as he was very knowledgable!

I'd also highly recommend a visit to Ephesus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi NewHilton,

Greece isn't out yet -- at least unless and until Delta offers a waiver or I decide the situation has become too dangerous or that I won't be able to do anything because everything is closed or on strike.  One thing I guarantee -- I will be somewhere in Europe or the Near East by the middle of next week :).

Thanks for your info about the Marriotts in Istanbul. It really helps!

ProfChiara

klaus29 Silver

prof chiara

you know dont book tours in the hotel.

this you know to.. ...the mosquee  bleu

you  have to see. and on the bosphore river

you have to make the boat trip  between europe

and l asie.  and  schure the marchee ou tapis.

on all  corner from  the sreet in istanbul you

will  find  tour operateurs,   all have a differnt

price  for the same destination. find the good

price ,is a small but pleasant  work.

i wisch you the best hollidays possible

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...