This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2010 5:03 AM by laphroaig45 RSS

I HATE the Missing Stay process of Marriott

chazdawg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've said it before...I'll say it again.  The process in which members have to request missing stay requests to post if absolutely ridiculous.

Three weeks after my stay at a hotel in Florida my points have not posted.  I faxed in my request last week...nothing.  I called the hotel today and asked if they would kindly resubmit.  She told me I had to call Marriott Rewards.  I called the Platinum line...they transfered me to Rewards (thanks for the exclusive phone line thanks...cuz REALLY I need you to make my reservations for me.  NO...I can use the web site for that...fix my problems for me instead.)  Marriott Rewards tells me that I have to fax it in...I said...I did that LAST WEEK.  She takes my information and looks up my stay and says that your bill says that you paid $0...were you with a group?  I said...no I was attending a conference but my bill clearly shows my paid balance.  Ok then...fax that in and we'll take care of it.  Really?...ok...can I put it to your attention?  No...it has to go to "Missing Stay Requests."

I can't email my request...I can't do my request online...the people on the phone can't help.  Really?  REALLY?  What a sad and pathetic system.  This is the only real thing in the Rewards program that drives me up a wall...I can handle closed lounges, and no upgrades, and even elite member indifference by employees...but my damn number is on my reservation...it's on my folio...just post my points properly!!!

ChazDawg

• Re: I HATE the Missing Stay process of Marriott
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

For some reason, you're getting a different response from MR Missing Stay requests than I've ever gotten.  I've always faxed my receipt to a MR rep, by name, which has always resulted in points posted within a couple of days.  Pretty simple, I think.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wkendwarrior Platinum

Don't forget the equally frustrating missing "Platinum Arrival Gift" bonus points! I hope all of you other Platinums are watching your points postings as closely as I have to because those arrival "GIFTS" do not show up about 25% of the time! I totally agree that you totally get the run around to correct these missing point/stay problems!

Ironic really, they say that if you don't get your arrival gift when you check-in, you are entitled to cash. But you take the points and they never show up without you having to call umpteen times to get it resolved!

Doesn't that mean that in fact I didn't get my "Gift" (proven by the fact that it is not in my points acct.) and therefore entitled to CASH! (Oh yeah, there's that little gotcha that you have to collect the cash BEFORE you check out but you can't check on the gift points for several days or weeks after you check out!)

Very frustrating! (And don't even get me started about the times that I go back by the desk after check-in and not getting any gift only to be told by the clerk that "Oh yes, I put them in for you automatically!" Yeah right.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

If there is an e-folio mailed to me and it does not post I call the Platinum Premier desk and the problem is fixed right away, and the stays post within 24hours. I see this happen perhaps once a quarter and have always had good luck with Marriott Rewards phone folks in resolving the issue.

Did you see an e-folio?  Did they call the hotel for you if not? If no, then there's another problem.

chazdawg Platinum

I did get an eFolio...and I did call the Plat. Premier desk...and they very kindly transfered me to Marriott Rewards.

I was just as annoyed at the hotel for not helping.  My MR number is clearly on my folio...so they must have not submitted my stuff for credit.  The woman on the phone insisted on not helping me and kept telling me to call Marriott Rewards...why not just submit/resubmit for me?  Why am I no longer your concern now that I've checked out.  I guess I'll move down the road next time to a different property.

And I'm 100% certain that after the credit finally does post...I'll have to call the Premier number again to get my 500 welcome points...that is the only thing calling that number is good for when it comes to fixing my account, sadly.  (at least in my experience)

ChazDawg

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Maybe it's luck for me, but this has never happened. I was never transferred from the Platinum Premier desk to anyone, though at one time I was on hold for a few minutes.  There must be someone there in SLC with whom I have not spoken who took your call--that's all I can figure.

Marriott Rewards seems less willing to help from my experience in that they read the rules on sending them a fax, mailing the folio, etc.  I am sure that they see hundreds, maybe thousands of these requests flow through their hands and they want to keep the system as it is.

Now, for the Platinum Premiers there must be a better way. I think I will call them and post back what I get in the way of explanations about the system and how it works, so stay tuned.

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I guess there is some consolation in knowing that you are not the only person to whom this has happened!  That was my first reaction when I read your post, as I have experienced either missing nights or missing points (from a specific property) more than once.  After I allow a week or so (Marriott claims you need to allow a week to 10 days for postings after check out), I have had better success with calling the hotel directly, and then following up with MR if I can't get it resolved.  I always start at the hotel by asking for the Accounting Dept, and I have had good luck with that approach.  I couldn't agree more about the missing stay report process: I did try to go that route once and was unsuccessful in getting my problem resolved, in addition to all the cumbersome stuff you have to send them: the only thing you don't have to supply is a pint of your blood, and I suppose that'll be next.  Now, when someone at a hotel or MR tells me to use this process, I respectfully decline and tell them we have to deal with my problem in another mode.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Chaz

Recalling that you enjoy being an extended-stay guest at Townplace Suites, were you registered at 2 properties concurrently?

Last year my wife and I were booked in New Hampshire and I booked a pre-paid room for my daughter in Florida (she was added to the reservation i.e. two separate properties concurrently).  I received e-folios for both, but earned points and EQN for the stay where I stayed personally which seems consistent with the T&Cs.

However, we were booked at one of our timeshares for 7 nights, and left 2 nights early to stay in a RI, and I received EQN for the the 7 'deeded nights' along with EQN and points for 2 nights even though it was the same time period plus welcome points for both.

After 75-100 nights it gets blurry, and missing stays definitely stand out even if it is one or two.  While I have yet to endure what you describe, considering the paces that Marriott takes to deliver Guest Satisfaction, I have to agree that 'Missing Stay' processes require rethinking.

Whether its business or leisure, tracking our EQN and points is central to how Marriott's loyalty program works.  If the hotel is at fault, then awarding bonus points in lieu of the inconvenience does the guest right and penalizes the hotel so that they improve their delivery.

cordell Silver

I feel your pain. But I am very surprised Marriott decided to post your complaint! 

Isn't horrible the problems we have to go thru to get our points, and show the company that we USED THEIR services!!!!  I finally gave up on a Hyatt, is it worth hours of our time?? Next time I just try and use a different company. 

What I hate about hotels is the snooty attitude the front desk has.  I think they judge you by your clothes, they have no idea how much a person is worth, but if come in there with jeans and t-shirt, well, its alot different than a $1000 suit.

Good luck Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hope you get your points.  With computers, when the bill is paid, shouldn't the system do this in less then one second??  They can sure take our money!!!!!!!

Cord

laphroaig45 Member

SAME HERE.

There are 2 stays missing on my Marriott Rewards account, when I tried to claim these, I was astonished to find you have to FAX the papers. Why not email ? If it's for a reservation, Marriott will accept emails but when they have to give something to you, they make it as hard as possible.

Faxing and sending by post is medieval.

I know this post is not really helping you, but it felt good to join in on your request, perhaps if more people do this, Marriott will think of a better system to claim missing points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...