23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 6:48 PM by GemPrincess RSS

The BEST place in Paris!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This past week proved to me there is NO equal in Paris than the Marriott CE!

Yes, there are other places to fit budgets, business needs, etc. but if you are a "First timer", or want something special, there is NO equal!

With shopping, (even on Sunday), transportation, dining, and proximity to adjust clothes due to weather, you just can't do better.

Do not worry that there is no concierge level, a 30 Euro PP buffet that is comp. is far better that any CL!

The staff is multi-lingual and outstanding!

When you have bellman like Fabrice and food servers like Marie, you will have a very special time.

The Alsace and the Cafe Andre' are both across the stree and represent great values close by! We wanted "Frog legs", and Omar at Concierge made our day!

It is well worth spending a little extra to have a room on the CE.  You will never forget it!

• Re: The BEST place in Paris!
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

Welcome back!  Glad to hear the CE property is so wonderful and you had a great trip!

Great photos, too!

Was beginning to think you had left Insiders... haven't heard from you in a while.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

New Hilton,

Like everyone else I have had a hard time with the new sight.

Likewise, I have also been really traveling and that cuts into the time to write and contribute to the Insider.

The Paris CE could NOT have been more appreciative of a Platinum member than they were.  It was very refreshing.

New Hilton, I have a great place for you to dine in Paris!  La Tour D'Argent is one wonderful experience.  The view of the Seine and the quality of the service and food will stun you!  You will enjoy.

Good travels to you and keep us informed of your trips.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Hi Jerry!  The new sight could not have been better designed to keep those like me (tech challenged) out.  I still am confused by it.  Any way I follow you and they post each time you have a post.  I am going to Amsterdam on June 3 for a few days staying at the Ren.  Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Bill

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation, Jerry!  Looks great!  Did you try the duck?

New Hilton,

Yes, each duck customer gets a postcard with a number of the duck they ate!

Three out of four duck items are for two!

This is one fantastic place, ask for Stephane, he is such a great waiter.  A window diner here is fantastic.

Figure around $125 per person with wine, but I have paid a lot more to have a lot less!

lorirobert Platinum

Great photos and what a nice post.  So many people bad mouth Parisians and the French in general, it is great to hear someone tell us what wonderful, kind people really do live there.  Viva la France!!!

I'm trying to keep up with the new site, but its not easy.....

lorirobert,

Yes, people I have taken with me are always "Surprised" at how clean Paris is and how friendly people are.  The Marriott's that I have stayed in all all unique and have their own pluses and minuses.  One thing they all do have is helpful and appreciative staff's.

When you consider how easy it is, and reasonably priced to get from the airport to most of the properties it's really a very special place.

I have taken over 10 people with me so far and each one of them had doubts and after the trip, can't wait to go back!  Marriott of course has a lot to do with the joy's of Paris.

belonjay Platinum 60 Reviews

I agree with your assessment.  We just stayed here the first week of May and found it beautiful, comfortable, and in a great location.

The breakfast buffet was very good also and the service in the dining room was great.

If you walk out the front of the hotel, turn left, and then turn left at the first corner, there is a small grocery store about 2 blocks down the street where we purchased our stash of in-room crackers/cheese and wine.

Overall a great property, and I hope to stay here again

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We will be staying at the BEST place in Paris according to Jerry for 5 nights in July.  Is the breakfast buffet complimentary for platinum reward members who are staying on points?

jodie28 Platinum

HI ,

PLease tell me what is marriott CE?

THanks

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The Marriott Champs-Elysees is what CE refers to.  We did stay there for 5 nights on points in July 2010.  The breakfast was complimentary for platinum members.  It was wonderful. 

razor,

This is a wonderful hotel, and a great place!

shoelessj Platinum 1 Reviews

Just returned from 5 Nights at the Marriott C/E. What a wonderful property. We could not have been more pleased with the accommodations,

service, and location. Special thanks to Jerry Coin for his passionate recommendations which were a large reason we chose this hotel. The 'free' Platinum breakfast saved us a few hundred dollars (which we promptly spent at the bar).  The C/E experience was (in my mind) the perfect blend of a boutique style hotel but yet one with attractions nearby and some sense of 'excitement'.

Chez Andre was another nice spot and recco.

shoeless,

You know how to "Make my day"!

I don't think anyone should go anywhere else on their first trip to Paris than the Marriott C-E, especially on points.  Just remember to book way in advance!  If you get blocked, just keep trying, something seems to always open up.

I am going back this Saturday, but have been staying at The Renaissance AdT, it is a very nice property and the staff really treat me right.

Here are a few pictures you may enjoy.  I have had many a great time at the C-E, and will look forward to stopping in next week and having a glass of wine, and saying hello to their wonderful staff!

IMG_1122.JPG

Chez Andre was featured in the Woody Allen movie, "Midnight in Paris".

IMG_1121.JPG

Frog legs at Chez Andre.

IMG_0535.JPG

The C-E's eggs benedict are the finest I have ever had, and they are comped!

IMG_0562.JPG

Memories, what a way to enjoy the C-E with loved ones on the Marriott sidewalk cafe!

Try it, you will LOVE it!

Jerry,  I'm jealous of your frequncy of visits. Also, please don't talk about the Eggs Benedict. It was my only regret. We had a wonderful buffet every morning with eggs cooked to order and everything else one could ask. I know I could have probably ordered this off the menu but 'endured' with the buffet.

Wished we could have enjoyed more dining opportunities but our touring didn't allow it. We didn't want to tie ourselves into set dinner times which are generally needed at the finer properties.  Also, as you know some of the dining prices take your breath away. We had drinks at the Ritz Bar (120 for 4) and talked about eating at their gourmet room (Le Crillon?) Don't think we could have escaped for under 1000 with some decent wine. But no regrets certainly! Thanks again for taking time to enlighten us.

shoeless,

Thanks for your comments, I am so glad you had a great time.  If you had a drink at the Ritz, I hope you where in Hemmingway's.  It is a great place, here is a picture you might enjoy, remember the sign above the door, NO PICTURES?  Well they sure took care of me.  It was my Birthday!

KIF_0901.JPG

This is one of the finest bars in the world.

Yes, you do need to try the eggs benedict on your next trip to the C-E!  Off the chart!

Next week I am looking forward to some fine dining in Paris.  Will hit my favorites:

Le Cafe de la Paix, in the Grand Hotel

IMG_1701.JPG

This place is very nice, and has a wonderful sidewalk cafe as well.

Then on to La Tour d'Argent,

IMG_1694.jpg

Dining on duck while you view the Seine and Notre Dame, very memorable.

Then onto The Ritz, for dinner at L'Espadon, I just hope it is as good as the Ritz in London!

KIF_0905.JPG

Place Vendome is a wonderful place to see.

One other great place to dine, and this time I hope to get a picture with him is Guy Savoy's place.  It is just around the corner from The Renaissance AdT, this is another wonderful place to dine.  As in many cities, there are really good and really bad places to eat, Paris has it's share as well, but I know all of these places are very good.  Bon Appetit'

IMG_1648.JPG

Safe travels au revoir. We are mid 50's empty nesters getting in some neglected world travel and will be heading to Rome next year and taking an 11 night mid east cruise from there. We will probably stay at Rome Hilton Waldorf property (I am Diamond and just became Platinum Marriott before our Paris trip) Don't know if I will be able to keep up both premium levels but it seems as if Marriott has generally nicer European properties.  Also their points program is better.

Paris will definitely be on the radar again the following year.

shoeless,

You Marriott Platinum should allow you to keep your Diamond status with Hilton.  Other chains also will allow you the benefit of their premier status if you are Platinum with Marriott.

Jasper seems to be a "Pro" at getting elite status at all hotels, so you may want to check on some of his former posts on this subject.

shoeless, keep the stories coming, it is always a pleasure to hear about others travel advice and experiences.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Other Paris threads to check

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1101          La Défense, Paris, France

paris rive gauche

Paris Rive Gauche

Paris Champs Elysees

Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris

Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees

The BEST place in Paris! (CE)

Paris Marriott C-E...virtual concierge???

Room for 4 at CE

Transportation from Airport to C-E

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - Paris

Courtyard Marriiott Nueilly-Sur Seine

Renaissance Place Vendome

Paris Vendome

SusanL (Renaissance Vendome)

Thanks & CDG to Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero  (Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero)

Paris! "Never better!"   (Arc d'Triomphe trip report)

Surprise (discussion on Paris sights & hotels)

Paris Marriott C-E vs. Renaissance Paris Vendome

Paris CE or Place Vendome feedback please

First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?

Which Marriott in Paris?

Paris, What Hotel?

Where to stay ?

Paris hotels

Help us choose our Paris hotel!

Paris in April-Marriott/Renaissance

Paris, France late April, early May which of the hotels have Executive Lounge any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you  

What location and hotel would you suggest for Paris.  I will be going in mid September.

list hotels close to downtown Paris

Best Hotel in London & Paris

Hotel and Metro in Paris (hotel airport transporation options)

Summer Travel Story Conclusion (Paris pictures)

Summer Travel Story (Paris Pictures Part 2)

Perks at Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Marriott and the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel  

Parisian Hospitality!

Complementary breakfast for Platinum members in Paris?

My favorite Paris hotel...

Which Marriott in Paris        

Paris by Train

Paris nightlife

Paris in May ?

Happy Bastille Day- Paris Summer Story!   

Paris with kids

Parisien Dining - Le Marais.  Any suggestions?

Paris to Normandy

Best Hotel in London & ParisParis! "Never better!"

Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees

GP,

Wonderful work!

People on their first trip should enjoy your hard work at getting this information.

JC,

Its my new resolution!

Everytime someone mentions a place, when I respond, I will add nearby hotels if not there already, and historical links.

Its all rather low tech, and I am enjoying reading the history as I only started activitly participaing Spring of 2012

Hopefully technology catches up with us and offers a better solution.

But until then will apply the low tech solution.

GP,

That's a lot of work!

But I am sure a lot of us will appreciate what you are doing!

I am shocked by all you have been able to "Revive"!

Thank-you!

JC,

I am use to plowing through lots of info, in many different fields and organizing it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...