2 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2010 2:51 PM by nuhusker RSS

Trust in Marriott?

fdnave Member
Currently Being Moderated

As we travel throughout the country we expect a consistant level of hotel accomodations. Marriott has earned my trust and for the most part have been consistant in providing a high level of service.  On a recent business trip after spending a week at a Marriott I received my bill and upon checking it I noticed a $5.00 per day "self park" charge.  While this sounds reasonable I did not have a car that week. No one is perfect so I chalked it up as a mistake.  At checkout I mentioned the charge to the pleasant clerk and she deducted the charge.  A person checking out next to me overheard my conversation and said he also had a $5.00 per day "self park" charge.  HHHMMMM I thought, coincidence or something else. This was the first time I questioned the trust I put in the Marriott organization. Can someone explain why at least two people in a five minute checkout could have the same error on their bill?

Frank

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Santa Clara, California, USA
  • Re: Trust in Marriott?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

My guess would be that they add it to every guest's bill automatically.  How would they know if you have a car or not... unless they asked upon check-in?  And, even then, I don't find a 'self park' charge really that acceptable!

I stayed at the Santa Clara Marriott for over 6 months (many years ago now)... they didn't have the charge then.  Have to say that the staff was great there!  Is Rosalee still the 'wake up call' lady?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trust in Marriott?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Many hotels, Marriotts included, charge for self-park.  It's hard to imagine that the Marriott organization was behind this, what appears to me to be a fluke in their system.  BTW, did you ask the pleasant clerk why that charge appeared on your bill in the first place?  You didn't mention that you had asked.  That might have cured your curiosity/speculation on the spot...good or bad.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...