4 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2010 9:50 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Disappointed in customer service

wmbiztraveler Gold
Currently Being Moderated

In early April, I stayed at a Marriott Residence Inn property in north Dayton, Ohio for one night.  For whatever reason, the hotel marked me as "GNS" (Guaranteed No-Show) when I had indeed stayed at the hotel on the night in question.  I had the receipt (which was also marked "GNS") from the stay in question, contacted Marriott customer service, faxed them the receipt and they still would not credit me for the night stayed or the rewards points.  After protesting their decision, I was then directed to contact the hotel directly.  The hotel was either unwilling or unable to help, so they directed me to a blank voicemail box.

Has anyone else had similar problems getting rewards errors corrected?  I have been a loyal Marriott customer now for over three years and have spent over 100 nights with Marriott in that time, yet this is the level of customer service we receive over something as simple as one night of rewards points?  Am I the only one?  What else can I do? As a result of this experience, for my next trip I've canceled my Marriott reservation and decided to give Hilton a try.

• Re: Disappointed in customer service
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This never has happened to me.  Was the reservation made by you, and in your name?  Do you have the printed folio and did you keep the e-folio? Normally that's enough to get it all straightened out once they see it.

Good luck fixing this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wmbiztraveler Gold 8 Reviews

I personally made the reservation through Marriott's website and it was in my name.  I have the printed folio, but never received an e-folio (that's when I first realized there was a problem).  I contacted Marriott customer support and sent them the folio.  They could not/would not fix the problem but instead directed me to contact the hotel directly. The hotel was of even less assistance, at which point I gave up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This is not the kind of service that I or you should expect from Marriott.  Missing stays are often fixed on the spot as soon as they get a copy of the folio. At times, there is a mistake on the folio itself: a transposition of the Marriott Rewards number, you name is spelled incorrectly, etc.  In that case they do not post the night as a stay or reward you the points.

I would call Salt Lake and ask to speak with a supervisor at Marriott Rewards.

tjcnewyork Platinum

GNS never happened to me either, but it does happen usually because of travel advisories and weather.  Consider contacting Customer.Care@Marriott.com

In the subject:  Confirmation 12345678  In the Message Body describe what happened and the outcome.  State your objective. For the inconvenience caused you have several options, btw.

Customer Care will get back to you in 3-5 business days.  They will direct you back to the hotel, but I highly recommend you speak to the Customer Care and request escalation to Salt Lake.

Good luck and post back the results.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...