6 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2010 4:22 PM by russellmck RSS

Marriott no longer in Aadvantage program

kevbat Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just got an email from American Airlines announcing an end to the inclusion of the Marriott Rewards program as of July 1, 2010. This really stinks since I am an Advantage Gold member for life and soon to be Platinum for life. I always convert MR points for AA miles for my trips. Now I'll have to explore Continental and/or Delta. I hope whatever issues are desolving this partnership can be resolved.

• Re: Marriott no longer in Aadvantage program
    wkendwarrior Platinum

You took the words right out of my points account! I am also Gold Aadvantage and convert points to miles as well as I like to redeem the travel packages combined with my existing AA miles.

I don't even collect miles on other airlines!

THIS REALLY SUCKS MARRIOTT!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

millionpointer Gold

Just redeemed a travel package, looks like I will need to do 3 or 4 more in the next few weeks...could not agree with you more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fred242 Platinum

Ditto. I just converted three travel packages for AA miles. What gives Marriott? Taking AA out of the program's going to hurt us?

kahunapremier Platinum

Not going to happen as Marriott is basically going to start dropping Airline relationships over time.

frisco06 Platinum

Marriott really blew it with this one. I am Aadvantage Exec Platinum and have been considering changing hotel chains for some time now due to the decline in service and quality I have observed over the past year or so.

This could not have occurred at a more coincidental time..SPG just sent me a letter telling me that I have been given Platinum status for the remainder of this year and 2011.

I am just about to cash in about 400,000 points for AA miles and then, adios Marriot..

russellmck Platinum

THIS SUCKS.  Marriott has been butchering up their program for the past 2 years, and I purchased my 2 Marriott time shares based on their description of the program.  Just another black eye for Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...