6 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2010 8:39 AM by columbussig RSS

Auto reg

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was automatically registered today for the Hertz promotion mentioned by Andrew a couple weeks ago. I recall posts asking why the registration could not be by default, and for me at least, it was.

Anyone else get that autoregistration?

• Re: Auto reg
    taxman415 Platinum

autoregistration - Same here...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Same here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

At first I thought the hertz and 40k promos were two different ones, but actually it's combined into one.  I was automatically registered also, yesterday I presume.

kahunapremier Platinum

Stepping stone,

I have sugguested many times that this feature of "auto registartion" become default for Marriott. It all started about 7 years ago with this technology sugguestion and Marriott finally does it.

In case of a Delta promotion or an another parter, the technology would have to be given some intelligence to better provide us that service we expect or desire.

That technology is called Identity Management and Access Management. Marriott doesn't have that implemented yet, but the solutions to partners, customers, etc would be incredible.

Say an airline partner signs up for 60k promotion. The way it works now is the business rule are defined as one or the other, either you get the 60 Delta or the Marriott.

Using IdM/Access Management, that gives US the means to say I want this week to get airline miles, next week hotel points or any combination, but the solution is implemented on the backend.

This allows for better customer service and perk assignments. Marriott policy and business rule would be rewritten to say, customer has the option of either selecting points or miles along the promotion line and swap out either points/miles or even double dip.

IF Marriott does this first, they OWN the PERK market and that will become the TREND in the hotel/airline business.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Kahuna -- I like this idea of the customer having almost day-to-day control of the bonus selection.  If there's software out there that'll accomodate this, why not implement.  Although, it does seem that it's already all hands on deck with the existing website problems.  As to double-dipping, HHONORS already does this on a normal basis, but not sure about their special promotions.

columbussig Platinum

I was also auto registered.  Nice feature!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...