10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2010 3:02 PM by klaus29 RSS

JW  MARRIOTT at LA LIVE

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi to All from Sunny LA

Checking in with some POSITIVE reporting for a change...

I am staying at the new JW MARRIOTT in downtown LA this week. First of all, I received a pre-arrival welcoming email from the Elite Concierge.  Nice touch. Driving up to the property, you are first awed at the structure.  The shape has a feel somewhat like that hotel in Dubai.  Really cool!  I had been directed to a exclusive checking in area for elite members and was greeted with my first and last name, as well as an appreciation of my continued loyalty to Marriott.  I was upgraded to the top floor and more or less, treated like royalty.  My room is spectacular.  Roomy, huge flat screen tv, work area, couch, great shower, and on and on.  Got in on an Introductory rate, but would definately come back.  The area arond the hotel coimplex, which also includes a Ritz Carlton, called LA LIVE.  This are includes the Staples center as well as many new and cool restaurants.  anyone heading olut this way would be well served to give this hotel a try.

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
CA, USA
  • Re: JW  MARRIOTT at LA LIVE
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Shoeman, that's great news.  Just the kind of thing many of us were talking about on insiders before things went haywire.  Too bad your experience isn't  the rule, rather than the exception.  Enjoy!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

JW Marriott and Ritz  Carlton at LA Live

Above: LA Live

Great to hear!  Perhaps an honest oversight, are you receiving complimentary internet in advance of the May rollout?  The issue came up earlier this month.  See CountryJim's post about Terry Santiago's comment on Bill Marriott's blog, Bringing New Life to Downtown Los Angeles

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Fantastic!  I get those concierge emails at the larger hotels in the chain, and often a follow-up email when I have asked for something that is not on the list.  It's nice to see this practice continued at LA Live.

In an economy where hotels are nearing foreclosure it is a risky gamble to introduce two new hotels. Marriott has taken the gamble and I hope that it pays off!

Good review and we'll try it soon.

TJC  - It wasnt an oversight, I had actually forgot to ask.  well, I just called down to the desk, was told the program hasn't started yet, but they would be glad to hook me up immediately.  Another nice touch!  Way to go, Marriott!

tjcnewyork Platinum

Shoeman - Do consider posting a candid note to Bill Marriott on his blog at Bringing New Life to Downtown Los Angeles and mention the ways in which Marriott Rewards Insiders creates community online.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"In an economy where hotels are nearing foreclosure it is a risky gamble to introduce two new hotels. Marriott has taken the gamble and I hope that it pays off!"

Exactly.  LA Live showcases Marriott's 'Spirit To Serve' culture in a whole new way. LA Live brings together entertainment and sports with two well-known brands.  Shoeman's positive review will hopefully be one among many.

klaus29 Silver

shoeman

great the experiance like this you not get everyday

and everywaire.

let explaine me one arrival and the suite i will

never vergette. i book a long stay 25 nights  in

the jw marriott medan indonesia,includet pick up from

from the airport. the chauffeur and one lady from

the hotel. sche take a pictures from me. arrivee

at the hotel the manager and assistant very polite

what invite me direct to the bar. he ask me if i have a

good flight  and ask me about the lounge from kuala

lumpur why? i explaine to 2 manager how this work

in kuala the time when you get alcohol and  free snacks.

2 thinks i will never vergette. mister klaus exuse us

but the louuge is not finisch only in 10 days, BUT  NOW

the hotel is yours, you drink and eat where you want.

schure alcohol same in kuala not bevore 5.30 pm

my wife and i whe think  its a dream. but is not finisch

why he take me to the bar?he knowet very good the

hours from kuala lumpur and how a lounge work.

for the developpement from my picture

when  i see when i check inn my photo in big what the

lady take in the car. with the mention  welcome

to aur first platium member. i dont want believe

myself.

then he bring me to

the suite i take the corner i never see this bevore

no stone only glass 360 degree schure not the door

a view inexplicable. in the bathroom the same only

glass. and a big tv .

next morning breakfast in the restaurant

the waiter knoet my name , the table reservee.

and later when i want a drink i stay in the swimminpool.

i go to the bar from the hotel . there the barman say

to me  why  you cam here....... you

can order on the smimmigpool. inbelivel but trught.

and in the evening whe go to the piano bar for

alcoholique beverage. one more time you dont have to

believe , the  waiter cam with the menu and say

take what you want  whe dont have small snacks.

and then after 10 days the lounges wars open.

and then wars finisch to eat what and where whe 

want. but   what time  incroable my wife and me wil

never vergette,this happen 2 ou 3 years ago when the

hotel open. but if i think from this same it wars yesterday.

thank you my 2 friends and all the staff  from medan.

and know i book every years there.

yes  this is  marriott  to

Klaus  -  that's great stuff!  All of us 'Insiders' need to spread the word when we experience a stay that goes 'above and beyond' our expectations. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Sound like both you guys hit paydirt.  Bravo Marriott hotels!!

klaus29 Silver

nuhusker

when you look all my differet post you

will see is not my style to give compliments.

to marriott ou marriott  rewards.

but whats happen there is inexplicable

you get alredy one........ jw marriott hotel

for you ? where all place in the hotel is

your executive lounge

for your wife and you?.... and the arrival

same a king. for me i never have samething

like this bevor. and the bravo marriott

go to the jw hotel marriott medan, indonesia

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...