0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 5:20 PM by drewtipton RSS

Marriott Tysons Corner, Virginia--anyone else?

drewtipton Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I just recently finished my second stay at the Marriott Tysons Corner, and I seriously have to say that I'm never going to stay there again.

Both times, my company has reserved for me a concierge level room.  Both times, I get to the hotel, and they try to give me a room on another floor and "give" me access to the Concierge Lounge.  I kindly state that I'll be glad to take the room on the lower floor--but they'll have to give me the lower rate for the non-Concierge floor... and they can leave the access to the Lounge, because as a Platinum, I'll get that anyway!

This time, the first room they gave me was right next to the elevator (even though my profile says 'away from elevator')..  I walked into the room and within 30 seconds could CLEARLY hear all three elevators go by.  They were very loud.

I went downstairs to the front desk, and asked for a different room (which they told me the first time that they didn't have _any_ rooms left on the floors 'marked' Concierge level...), and lo and behold, they came up with a room on the 12th floor (one of the aforementioned Concierge Levels, which they didn't have rooms available on 10 minutes earlier).

I get to the room, and it looks like the room has been broken into in the past, as the door does not fit the room (I have pictures of this).  Unfortunately, this is the "only" room they have available, so... (and it's now pushing 10:45pm, and I've been up way too long, so...).

Then, it gets better... I go down to the "free" boarding pass printing kiosk which is located 'adjacent' to the front desk... turns out that it's INSIDE the store, which is NOT open 24-hours a day... and it's not free either.  I ask about a code to use it, and the front desk tells me to just swipe my credit card... so it costs me money to use the 'free' boarding pass printing kiosk that's also not available 24 hours a day...  Go figure.

The next time I stay in that area for business, I think I'll go stay at the new Courtyard in Merrifield... it looks much nicer, and I hope I won't have the bad experience that I have had at the Tysons Corner Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Vienna, Virginia, USA
Tysons Corner, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkhart

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...