1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 3:41 PM by pointjunkie RSS

Rome in October

dbquilt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Rome in October could have been better.

My Wife and I booked an early morning tour of the Vatican the week of October 26th with Carrani tours at the recommendation of our hotel (Oceania).  Our guide was wonderful and the tour was well worth the money.  However, at the gift shop that we were directed to by the guide at the end of the tour we bought cards and stamps to mail home from the Vatican.  When I inquired of the man at the gift shop desk with the small post box about which stamps to place on the cards he told me it did not matter.  It did not matter because not one of the 12 cards ever arrived at the address that we sent them to.  I needed the address of a friend so I mailed another card from a different Vatican post box and it did not arrive either.  I have had other friends mail post cards from the Vatican with no trouble.  While the amount spent on cards and postage was not a fortune, it is a great disapointment and not up to the high standards that we experienced on the rest of our tours with Carrani. I guess we should have been more “street smart”.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Italy
  • Re: Rome in October
    pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I'm truly surprised that none of your postcards got back to the U.S.  My husband and I were in Rome in Sept 2007.  While it took about 3-4 weeks, everyone back home received their mail.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...