the 1 night in marriott la  defense

and the 2 nights in the marriott rive

gauche wars selt last week on e bay.uk

you pay per pay pal ou credit card

2 days  later you get  your marriott

voucher per e mail, valide 1 year.

up to you how many nights you want buy

the reservatin, only  direct with the hotel

per e mail ou phone  only in englich ou german.

for your information you have many hotels from

marriott in europe, what selt per e bay the nights

when i see the marriott in athenes

i have to think  on prof. chara.

i byu for athenes 3 times 2 nights

the 6 nights 384 euros, and make my reservation

alredy for end of august per mail with the hotel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
France
  • Re: marriott  europe NEET YOU
    chazdawg Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I hope this post isn't taken to be rude...but...what's the point of the original post here?

I realize English isn't his primary language...but I truly don't understand what the purpose of the post is...is he selling rooms?  Telling people to buy rooms on Ebay?  Is it a solicitation?

He's got 100+ postings...so clearly an active Insider...but I'm admittedly confused.

ChazDawg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I believe that Klaus is only trying to point out that you can get a better deal by purchasing nights through Marriott on ebay's UK site than paying rack rate or, in some cases, using points.

Right now, the Ren La Defense in Paris is auctioning one night with a starting bid of £1.00!  And, the seller gets very good reviews!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luxury-Paris-Escape-4-Marriott-Renaissance-Hotel_W0QQitemZ150437042778QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tickets_Travel_Accommodation_ET?hash=item2306bf1a5a

• Re: Possible e-bay scam?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/RenLaDefense-eBay-1.jpg

Above: Screen capture of e-bay banner ad for Ren La Defense, Paris

NewHiltonMembr

This is not only confusing, but somewhat suspicious!  What does the Ren LaDefense have to do with the iconic heraldry of Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building?  Why would Marriott try to promote Paris as a worldwide destination using easily recognizable photographs of architectural landmarks in New York City?

Does anyone else smell e-bay scam?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

strange choice of images, TJ.  Perhaps the stock photo department got lost?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Suspicious...Yes.  Is Marriott so desperate they have resorted to selling rooms on ebay?  That's what I understand is happening from Klaus's post.  Or, are the rooms being put on ebay by a third party, inwhich case, points and EQN won't be earned contrary to what I understood Klaus to say.  And yes, those images are strange for a hotel in Paris.

I may be a naive believer in the good of man and maybe it is a scam... but I'm not so sure, TJCNewYork...

http://www.cultuzz.com/images/stories/PDFs/CultBay/cultbay_2009-09_en.pdf

http://www.cultuzz.com/

I don't think Marriott and other major hotels would allow this company to use their names and logos in promotional materials if they were not customers.

I only wish that my trip to northern France and Belgium later this year would allow me to 'test' this theory!  Unfortunately, there are no offers for the towns that I will be visiting.

Klaus, can you post the link for the ebay.uk page you are referring to?  Thanks.

• Re: Possible e-bay scam?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

The screen captures of the ebay webpage only illustrate.  The image size is determined by Insiders systems processing.  Click the thumbnail to enlarge.

Insiders is hosted by Marriott Rewards for Marriott Rewards members.  Purchasing vouchers on e-bay poses a risk that Insiders should be aware of.

Thanks Klaus/TJC for the link.  I've never used ebay or any other on-line auction service, but it looks legit to me, and Klaus has a good reputation for posting on Insiders.  Regarding my specific question about EQN/points, here's what I copied and pasted from the ebay link:

"Please note that you can only gain points and miles with your Marriott Rewards loyalty card when you make a reservation with one of Marriott’s direct reservations channels, for example on Marriott.com. Purchasing this eBay voucher does not entitle you to gain Marriott Rewards points and miles on room and tax. However if you present your Marriott Rewards card when you check in to the hotel, you can gain points and miles on your incremental purchases."

So the answer is No, points, and likely EQN, not earned, since this is purchased thru a 3rd party.

Am I reading this right?

Thanks again, Klaus.

It appears that Cultuzz is a 3rd party who manages the eBay sales for the hotels.  Bolded italics are mine:

Cultuzz has many years´ experience in processing hotel vouchers through eBay. We have been an eBay "Certified developer" since 2002, and have even received an award for our solution. Since then, we have sold and successfully processed more than a half million vouchers to about 200,000 eBay members. This makes us the world market leader in the auctioning of hotel vouchers through eBay.

Every hotel has its own eBay account and is the actual seller of the hotel vouchers. This means the hotel is directly responsible for providing the service detailed on the voucher.

Cultuzz provides a fast, smooth payment transfer from buyer to hotel - in six different currencies. Cultuzz pays the funds, which are managed by a trust, to the hotels at least once a month regardless of whether the guest has already cashed the voucher or not.

Payment, voucher management and reservation are all carried out in a separate area, "myCultuzz", set up specifically for this purpose. After the auction eBay will take you straight to "myCultuzz", where you can instantly redeem your vouchers for many of the hotels.

Cultuzz offers voucher insurance in association with ELVIA Reiseversicherungen. This insurance offers you protection in case you are unable to travel because of ill health or for other unforeseen reasons. Added plus for insured parties: in the event of bankruptcy or closure of the hotel, Cultuzz will pay the voucher amount directly back to you.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

What NUHUSKER says is absolutely correct.  A  few years back I bought a 'whole vacation' through Marriott (including airfare, Marriott hotel, and car) and assumed I would get Marriott points.  NOT SO -- and I was not happy, assuming I'd get the whole shebang in points. Frankly, even if it's cheaper, I will never buy ' a whole vacation ' again, because in the long term I would have had far more double airline miles, 50% Marriott bonus, and 5 points per dollar for the credit card.

You only get Marriott points if you book through Marriott and/or  have a Marriott VISA credit card (although in the latter case you won't get the hotel points, just the credit card points).  Other hotels like Best Western have similar policies, though airlines do not.  If I book a flight/vacation on Orbitz or Expedia, I AUTOMATICALLY get Delta (my preferred airline) skymiles.

In my experience, what works for airlines does not for hotels. Some hotels may allow points for online booking through other sites (if so, I don't know which ones even though I'm subscribed to Inside Flyer), but most will not.

ProfChiara

• Re: Possible e-bay Scam?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks for the lessons learned, Prof Chiara.  Vouchers may be fine for occasional leisure travel, but trolling e-bay and bidding for vouchers when you're on the road 50, 75 or 100 nights?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

This is disturbing, as NewHilton and others have pointed out.  Marriott doesn't  give us points when we don't book through them, yet this suggests they are they complicit in third party e-bay sales?

In any event, I don't want any part of it after my own experience with a Marriott vacation (for which I got no points at all), but everything that is going on these days at Marriott should be under the microscope.

We are very loyal members -- we love Marriott -- as we have proven with stays even though  they are often not convenient to where we want to be.

Again, I ask Andrew to post a daily blog to keep us informed about Marriott in general and its site reconstruction (or deconstruction) process.

ProfChiara

Klaus, glad this system works for you, but doesn't sound like others, myself included, are convinced.  I'll stick with making my reservations through Marriott even if it costs a little more.  At least I understand that system.

Klaus,

The site says they will send the voucher to you free within in the UK.

You live in France, correct?  How do you receive the voucher?

lesliepamel Platinum

Klaus, Can you help me out on this one? When I enter in the Ebay search field things like Marriott Paris; Marriott London; and Marriott Los Angeles  they all refer me to Marriott Central Reervations, where there is no price competition.

I have also searched under 'Seller' by entering MARRIOTT as the seller, and that returns a NIL search  

Regards Leslie

klaus29 Silver

just for information

i have to learn from some

insiders.for this reason

i delete all my answers

today

.and will  start a meditation

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...