4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2010 2:07 PM by lesliepamel RSS

MVCI

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For a while now I have been very dissilusioned with the treatment that MVCI gives to owners in relation to POINTS, especially those folks that that have been members for many years and remember the days when MVCI offered a great POINTS  deal. I find it particulary frustrating when MVCI staff try telling me that MVCI is still a good deal, when clearly it is not. I found a quote - reproduced below- which clearly sums up the attitude to owners today:

You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MVCI
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

4th Doctor, Doctor Who – The Face of Evil, as I recall.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

MR points are still a relatively good value item.  It's just a matter of utilizing them for the maximum value options.  I've found that MVCI VOA's have a good handle on packages/point combinations for travel.  Also some sales dept people have learned good ways of making the points work for you.

lesliepamel Platinum

Wow! a Marriott fan and a Doctor Who fan.

I'm impressed.

lesliepamel Platinum

Good Value they might be if you collect your points for staying and paying at Marriott hotels.

Not so good value though if in 1986 you purchased a Marriott timeshare and you could exchange a week of that for 110,000 points. And today you can still exchange that timesahre for exactly the same 110,000 points!!

The timeshare. Marriott Rewards option has been ravaged by inflation, and that exchange has no value. In most cases you can PURCHASE the Reward award cheaper than using Reward points. (Capital invested in timeshare +maintenance + admin fee for exchange)

To my recollection in 1986 the average price for a night at a Marriott hotel was about $100. This would give you base Reward points of 1000. Today the average nightly price od an hotel is £300 and this gives you 3000 base points. You can get a good value award with say 3000 points times 10 nights stay. If today's hotel guests only received 1000 points for spending $300. or 10,000 points for spending $3000 on 10 nights hotel stays I am sure you would see that as a lousy deal. That is what has happened to the timeshare/Reward points excjange value.

Marriott has to award timeshare owners the 1986 reward figure increased by a multiple of three to restore the value of vacations, and the value of their name.

In 1986 they said "Timesharing As Good As Our Name."That sentence just leaves a hollow empty laugh these days! Bad Deal - Bad Name.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...