1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 9:35 PM by jack2000 RSS

Great experience at Casa Magna in PV

docroc Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I just wanted to share a great customer service experience from Puerto Vallarta. We were visiting for a business/vacation in conjunction with a continuing education meeting. My wife and mother accompanied me. I had asked for an ocean view room with a king bed and a room nearby for my  73 year old mother. When we checked in my mother was put in room 3 floors away from our room which had two beds rather than a king. I went down to the service desk I was told the room controller was at lunch and I should come back in 20 minutes.

As I walked back to my room an employee spoke to me to ask me how my day was going. I responded fine if I could get the rooms I requested. This man turned out to be the general manager, Dennis W. He responded "follow me". He went out of his way to make sure I was happy. As we spoke I told him I had really wanted a suite with and attached room, but was told earlier none were available. Dennis said let me check that and soon people were moving us to a beautiful suite with an attached bedroom. It made the stay perfect.

As I told Dennis his attitude is why I have been a loyal Marriot client for all these years. I will definitely be returning to the Casa Magna!

Thank you,

Rocky McKelvey DVM

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
  • Re: Great experience at Casa Magna in PV
    jack2000 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for years. The grounds are exceptional, along with the pool. The service is about as bad as you can get, my personal experience. I truly believe they think they deliver a quality service, but it doesnt happen. Our last stay we had no AC for 2 out of 4 nights. When we inquiored as to a problem (kids cant sleep, neither can we) we are told they will send cookies and milk. The AC was fixed the next day, but then went out again the last night. The hotal and infrastructure is OLD, and it shows. Still PV is a great place and we will continue to go. But we have reached the limit on non-service and excuses. Enjoy the grounds and pool, but lower your expectations on service. They do a great job of trying to satisfy, but it never works...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...