0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2010 8:20 AM by zukracer RSS

Omaha NE - 2 Properties and not impressed

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I had the pleasure of expanding my collection of states traveled to by going to Omaha last week.  Our group decided to stay at the Residence Inn Omaha central at first.  The rate was within the range and the property was near the client.  Initial impressions though left a lot to be desired.  From the outside it looked run down and honestly I was glad to be parking a rental in the lot.  I did get upgraded as a PP to their penthouse room, though upon arrival into the room I was greeted by a few wasps that were trying to make nice with the smoke detector The room was nice though, my biggest complaint was that the "free" internet was so useless I actually tethered my blackberry to get faster connections.  Slow as in, would literally take 5-10sec to load google.com.

We then decided to head to the full service Marriott just a short drive up the main road.  It was nice enough, kinda had the same feel of any other Marriott I've been to in the past.  I was greated as a platinum, not PP and when corrected the front desk girl says "well yeah, thats why you get double welcome points or two market items".  I thought, well cool but what about an upgrade or something tangible while I'm here.  Alas there was no upgrade, I got the "executive" floor (big deal I always got that as a platinum) but wound up with essentially a closet sized room.  The internet was acceptible though, even though I was charged for it (um..yeah so much for free to gold/plat).

Can anyone suggest a better property that is close to say 72nd & Dodge in Omaha?  Anyone have better luck at the full service location off Regency Circle?  I have to go to the area several more times over the coming 4months and really hope to find a place that will reward loyalty but at the same time provide a working internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...