0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2010 2:51 PM by diogenes72 RSS

Report from Mobile

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I posted an inquiry about where to stay in Mobile on the old website and got some good advice, along with a request to report back on how things went; so this is that report.  Mobile is a very charming Southern city with lots of things to see and do (the USS Alabama and the world-famous Bellengrath Gardens, for example).  I was trying to decide between two properties, and could not, so I ended up splitting my time between two Renaissance hotels: the historic Battle House and the modern RiverView Plaza.

One really can't compare the two properties, but I have an interest in history, and the Battle House has a breath-taking Tiffany glass dome inside the lobby that dates from 1917.  The breathtaking aspect of the RiverView Plaza was the beautiful water views from my room, and from the excellent restaurant.  Both hotels have been recently renovated and the renovations are stunning.  The front desk managers, Rodney at the Battle House and Sonja at the RiverView Plaza, both deserve to be recognized for being friendly and accommodating.

The weather was beautiful when I was in Mobile, during the first week of April.  The architecture of the downtown is similar to that of New Orleans, only the streets are clean.  There was great gourmet dining with walking distance of both hotels, without the sky-high prices and the crabby waiters one frequently encounters in New Orleans.  I highly recommend the city and these two hotels, and I plan to return as soon as my schedule allows.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...