0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2010 6:14 PM by biciclerider RSS

Courtyard Waikiki Bike Riders Beware

biciclerider Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have a very nice Bike Friday fold up bike that I take with me everywhere.  This morning upon exiting the elevator in the lobby with my bike, as I was rolling it across the tile floor I was yelled at by the person behind the reception desk:  "Get that bike off the floor, carry it outside".  I noticed he didn't request the same from the numerous strollers and rolling luggage which people had the nerve to roll across the floor.  Weird.

I've never heard this before and I've stayed in many many hotels around the world.   I make sure my tires are clean and would never roll a bike with wet tires across a lobby but my tires are certainly as clean as my shoes and I never take them off before I walk into a hotel.

I wouldn't have minded as much if I hadn't been politely requested to carry my bike and given a valid reason, but yelled at across a crowded lobby showed pretty poor taste.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Waikiki Beach
Honolulu - Oahu, Hawaii, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...