2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2010 5:24 AM by profchiara RSS

Benefits of this site

tony2am Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am a Marriott Rewards Member that joined the forum but am questioning what the benefits of forum involvement would be?  Could someone please clarify for me what they like about it?

Thanks Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Benefits of this site
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Tony:

Here's my perspective.  As you may know there are millions of Marriott Rewards members all over the world, some 32 million as I recall.  Marriott started the Insiders in 2008 to engage us as members in a dialog with each other and from time to time with them as a corporation.

Some of the things that have come from Insiders are:

• Marriott, acting on a recommendation made on the Insiders, instituted rollover nights for elite membership. This allows elite members to bank nights in excess of the requirements for renewal, and thus start a new year with a nights stayed balance.

• Responding to many posts, Marriott will, next month begin to offer free Internet access at its full service hotels for Gold and Platinum level members.

• Responding to inquiries posted on the Insiders, Marriott decided to adjust the amount of points required for making Elite Lifetime status.

But, in my opinion, the biggest benefit that flows from this site is the ability to interact and discuss experiences from stays at Marriott, from experiences that we've had or shared at locations around the world, and to help people find their way in the often confusing loyalty program world to which we belong.

There are a few of us who keep blogging here on a regular basis but new folks pop up all the time.  The site has been having some growth pains recently, as the format was changed and some of our old, more comfortable posting homes were consolidated.  Nonetheless, Marriott Rewards Insiders remains a good and vibrant place to check and check again.

For the most part it is a place where compliments and complaints can be lodged, and no one seems to be taking offense.  Interactive participation is high--seldom does a question or comment go unanswered or commented upon.

Hope that gives you one person's perspective on the way things are here at Insiders, and welcome aboard.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Benefits of this site
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Tony,

Marriott Insiders used to be a wonderful, vibrant community of travelers who shared pictures, ideas, helpful information, etc.   Then Marriott 'fixed' the site some time in early April and it has been almost non-functional

See the posts under Site Challenges to see how angry most of us are at the loss of what we had and the hopes for getting it back.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...