3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2010 9:17 AM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Grand Prize Winner Takes Home 2M Points

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/1425/ihgluckiestloser.jpg

Responding to major increases in Hilton HHonors hotel rewards rates effective January 2010, IHG launched the “Luckiest Loser” campaign.  Earlier today, IHG announced that an Orange, CT man took home the Grand Prize of 2 million Priority Club points. It's also noteworthy that the article mentions that IHG has a private online community for Priority Club members.

Reacting to the negative tone of a campaign dubbed, 'Luckiest Loser,' industry analysts at LoyaltyOneConsulting expressed agreement with Insiders views about the impact of IHG's initiative on commoditizing loyalty programs:

"Yes, it’s a competitive initiative, and vigorous competition is expected in any business. Yes, it’s an original initiative, and we at COLLOQUY certainly encourage marketers to avoid copycat tactics. But the tone of this promotion takes competition to an entirely new level within the loyalty industry. It amounts to a negative war of words–as well as creates an environment of points commoditization that we believe bodes poorly for loyalty programs. "

• Re: Grand Prize Winner Takes Home 2M Points
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

TJC,

I am also a Diamond Hilton Member so this is appreciated information!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

klaus29 Silver

i hope you anderstand my englisch

i dont have the money for pay 250 to 400 us

the room.  also i have to look  for promotion

i example in kuala lumpur minimum stay

2 nights  price 329 ringit about 70 euros

and i get back 170 ringitt for use in the spa ou

restaurant. if i stay there  20 nights i get

only 1 time the restaurant.,ou spa. also after 2 nights

i check aut. and take the promotion in the hilton

5 reservation in renaissance kuala lumpur for

10 nights and 5 in the hilton

5 time my spa ou restaurant  and 5 time my

arrival gift. in the 2 hotels only like this i can earn

points  for have  same last year 30 nights free

in kuala lumpur, jakarta and pattaya.

schure i like marriott  but the probleme is

the stay  20  90  ou 1 year  you get the same

1 arrival gift  and only 1 time the spa ou restaurant.

marriott  have to see  if  there dont have to change

this anomaly

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Jerry,

Are you aware of the Hilton Honors American Express card benefits where you can receive 4 nights at any Category 5 or 6 hotel for 125k points (AXON6N) or any Category 7 hotel for 145k points (AXON7N)?  Just need to call 1-800-920-5649 and provide these award codes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...