3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2010 8:09 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

oh the irony!

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I went to submit a post complimenting a Marriott staff on their 'above and beyond' service last week.  When I hit 'submit', I got the following message:

Your post can not be published because it contains content that violates community standards.

This is too wickedly ironic--the post was highly complimentary and positive.  Methinks the new system has issues!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: oh the irony!
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

We used to get that message under the old site design also... so can't blame it on this re-design.  Sorry!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

I too had the same problem. I was saying how much I had enjoyed my stay at the Marriott West India Quay (Canary Wharf) in London and I was advised i was "violating standards!" I was completely shocked - I was only being nice about the staff and the hotel without a single negative. I emailed marriott and all i got was a reply thanking me for my comments which would be passed on to the hotel - so marriott missed the point completely about me wanting to share my views with other members on here. I think it is bad customer care to ignore my point when all i am trying to do is to compliment their product. i eventually got it listed by posting each paragraph seperately (theres determination for you!). Shame on you Marriott!!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

Engineergirl,

As NewHiltonmember points out, we encountered exactly the same behavior before.  I wanted to reply earlier, but the inability to get to My Profile | My Forum Posts | View All Posts left me handicapped, frustrated and disappointed.  Now that My Profile is operable, I can respond with a real world example!

While authoring my very 1st Topic at Insiders, A Gem on the New Hampshire Coast-Wentworth-by-the-Sea, I received the message you encountered.  After reading through the T&C's, it became clear that the inclusion of contact information like associate names, e-mail addresses or phone numbers may trigger a 'community violation' error.  Once removed the message was accepted as submitted.

On another occasion, I misspelled a word in a way that would most definitely be a community violation.  Once corrected, the message was accepted.  In a third instance, I ran a spell check in Word and pasted the text into Insiders.  For whatever reason, Insiders must have been in a cache loop so I had to save my work, exit Insiders, run Disk Cleanup and it worked fine.

It is ironic.  Thanks for posting.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...