This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2010 4:37 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Insiders website

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, I believe I have more or less figured it out.  When you read into the four topic folders, as well as the way the ask/answer section works, it seems obvious to me that Marriott has attempted to change the website FROM an active community discussing whatever is on our minds, TO a platform to generate more business.  I tink you can accomplish both, but it appears to me that Marriott has gone for the latter at the expense of the former.  Does anyone agree?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders website
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"I think you can accomplish both"

You're on a roll today aren't you!  I agree!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

You're right!  I llittle aggravation and a few cups of coffe got me going.  Life throws us some cheap thrills from time to time and this community was just that for me.  Now, rather than being something I look forward to, it has become a pain in the a#@!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Shoeman1 and others,

I couldn't agree more.  If that isn't their motive, they sure have succeeded in messing up their site.  It used to be one of the first sites I went to in the morning, but now it's lost most of its interest, especially with the conversations.

Are you listening, Marriott?
    ProfChiara

glad to hear I'm not the only one that enjoyed the sense of "community".  while I'm not happy you are also frustrated, "misery does love company"!!!

mnnice Platinum

Plain and simple - this new site s@*#$!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Shoeman,

You make a good point!

This site seems to be really "Scaled down".

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Spot on--at least in this iteration (hopefully temporary)!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Something else is going on too -- I just got an email notice that the Grand Flora thread had been updated on 4/6 -- when I clicked onto it there were only the posts from March.

ProfC

ricoviaje Platinum

Bygone days...they want our business but not our comments/opinions. As we are true loyalistas one would think our opinion counts but perhaps not in a public forum.

Goodbye Insiders

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Professor,

I received an email that "adamtesting3" updated my thread in the Ask & Answer section.... but it's the same as I posted it, and still with no replys.  So it seems that Marriott is working on this site.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...