This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2010 8:44 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Is anyone at Marriott listening????

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been online at the Insiders website for over an hour and have got exactly ZERO accomplished.  What is going on and how much longer do we have to put up with this new design????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
CA, USA
  • Re: Is anyone at Marriott listening????
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I am also frustrated and hope that the situation will improve. Rest assured that folks at Marriott have heard these complaints and will hopefully rectify the situation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I appreciate the hopefulness, but how do you know they hear us???  Has someone contacted you?  If so, why you and not all of us?  this forum would seem to be a easy portal for them to contact all of us. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Shoeman - Great question.  Probably ~not~.  With neighbors from every continent, 2010 is one of those rare years when religious calendars and traditional faith observance coincide. NYC suspends alternate-side-of-the-street parking regulations for Easter and Passover, schools are closed and families go on Spring break.

With a long list of bells and whistles combined with the streamlining ten forums to four, my hunch is that this release was overly ambitious. Scheduling rollout at this point in time was a serious oversight. That's prime time for Murphy's Law, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

http://www.greekshares.com/uploads/image/murphys_law.jpg

How Mr. Murphy died:

One dark evening (in the U.S.), Mr. Murphy's car ran out of gas. As he hitchhiked to a gas station, while facing traffic and wearing white, he was struck from behind by a British tourist who was driving on the wrong side of the road.

Terry Maynard
    Lansing, Michigan

tjcnewyork Platinum

"why you and not all of us?"

Well said, shoeman.  I wholeheartedly agree with you.  Someone from Marriott should reach out to the community and post a message about the service disruptions.  It is the right thing to do.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I cannot see ALL my posting history"

My Profile is completely broken and delivers, 'Error'.  I tried using Search and Advanced Search to find posts using keywords.  Although found, the engine does not know what sequence to display the Results.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I'm not seeing the benefit of consolidating down to four forums.

As it was, you could only find the three most recent responses to a topic over ten forums... this just makes it much worse.  Now you can only find the three most recent responses to four forums!

Another issue I have is that the most recent response to a post is now at the bottom of all responses forcing you to scroll down... used to be that the most recent was on top.

Marriott... rethink this before implementing!  And a focus group might not be a bad idea.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My hope stems not from personal communications with Marriott itself but historical evidence: mistakes can be made and unmade.

My belief is that if enough of us are able to articulate the problems we are having during our Insider time, then the folks at HQ will take action.

The current Insiders is not working as well as the older one did--we'll need to have changes made so we can get back to the interactive forums that we all used and enjoyed.

My experiences since the changes took hold have been less satisfactory and more frustrating.

Stepping Stones

ricoviaje Platinum

The "old" way was brutally slow for page loads; causing me to abandon ship many times. But at least when aboard I could follow a forum or two and learn and share. Now it is just as slow and too difficult to follow so if I don't leave due to slow response then I ditch because of navigation issues. Does the Marriott really want our feedback content?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm in on the boycott!  I've got some spare time, but don't intend to spend it as Marriott's guinea pig for a web site disaster. And they won't even answer my queries about what the problem is.  All the best to those who stay with it.  I'll be on the golf course.

count me in on the boycott!  Thanks for the proactive suggestion.  hopefully, this will ge ttheir attention.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I've lost 90% of my activity on this site."

Same here. Prior to April 1st, My Profile had 36 pages.  At 50 posts per page that's around 1800+ posts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...