8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2010 10:03 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Help!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I remember that infomercial with the elderly lady on the floor yelling [plaintively] "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" Cut to the solution--a button for 19.95 plus shipping and handling.

I had a similar feeling when I logged onto the Insiders the day of the change.  I was flustered and then confused (wife said that was normal for me), and now I am just confused. I find that the things I used to do in my Insider's visits are harder to do, and require more steps; that I get strange error messages; that I sometimes get trapped in a do-loop that I can't get out of, etc.

I need help to understand all of this. I was one of the last people on earth to get a microwave so I am known for being slow to accept change as being good. (I still have two dial phones in the house that I use sometimes).

Can anyone tell me what's better and what's not in the new Insiders.  Maybe I am just slow?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Is someone telling us, "We customers are not wanted?"

I had the same feeling at TWA, Pan Am, etc, "You get the picture!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

lol...   it's so sad, it's comical. 

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree completely.  I have had two hours of trying to gain access again to insiders (maybe because of my recent post), but Marriott had created such a wonderful forum for frequently like-minded or would-be travelers that I even wrote Delta's CEO and suggested they do something similar. They haven't, which doesn't really surprise me, but that Marriott would do this to us is in my mind incomprehensible.  What have they gained compared to what they've lost -- or could lose -- in terms of a virtual community of friends and loyal members?

Despite my recent post I'm no revolutionary.  But Marriott will be losing one of its best marketing aspects if they keep the new (non-starter) setup.  In some ways the worst part of this is I wouldn't have missed it if they hadn't started it.  But it turned out great and I feel like I know so many of you -- but now I can't find you most of the time.

ProfChiara

SteppingStones,

You are most assuredly not slow -- you're one of our most trusted members.  I see no upside whatsoever and 100% downside to the new Insiders (if it can even still be called that).  They have come close to destroying what was a wonderful virtual community.  Now I have to type in every single specific site or question or phrase in order to get a couple of responses, compared to the whole range of them over time as I did easily before.

I can't say it enough - I HATE the new system, if it can even be called that.

ProfChiara

That's the feeling I get, Jerry! But it's so incredibly stupid.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Can we rename it the Marriott Rewards  "Outsiders," since that is the way I feel right now when I try to be on this site?

Yes, let us become Outsiders!  I love the idea. Do any among us have the technical skills to do so? I don't.

ProfChiara

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow. are we talking revolution?  cool. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...