This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2010 7:16 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

"new" insiders site..

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else having trouble finding things now?  The forums have been consolidated (which makes some sense), but i can't find the most recent posts or any of my replies to posts.  It would have been nice if there was some warning about these changes coming and maybe an explanation of the organization.  I can't tell if there are bugs or if my posts are just gone.....

• Re: "new" insiders site..
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, I give the new site design, appearance, and utility an "F."  Unlike many who read this site, I'm not a programmer or computer guru, so everytime a change is made, I wonder if it's worth struggling with to re-learn.  No offense to those who do this for a living, but to a non-computer person this makes no sense.  I'm much more impressed with ease of operation than I am with whatever the motivation was for these present changes.  So, who's the site for?  The prospective Marriott customer, or the guy who eats, sleeps, and breathes computer programming?  Whatever happened to Randolph Scott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

It's a struggle to find positives. My system crashed 3x trying to recover from the 500 Internal Server errors encountered earlier. One word sums up my online experience with the enhancements encountered today:  counterintuitive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm not happy either. I am not comfortable with the site and don't much care for the appearance.  just when you think Marriott really cares about us "insiders". they pull a stunt like this.  Was it an April Fools Joke? 

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree with what most everyone has said about the changes to Insiders.  The changes to the site are awful and I usually give up -- it takes so much more time than the old (very good) system.

ProfChiara

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I find that having to give several answers before a post is accepted is not fun.  And often time I want to give up.  Is the location really that important that it takes four tries to enter it?  Anyway, here's hoping the new changes are new in that we like them not that we put up with them.

Another frustrating aspect of the new Insiders is that it was easy to click from one to another of the sites we were interested in at the top of a page (once inside) or one a location before.

Marriott, please listen to us on this one.  The new insiders makes us not want to log in, contribute or get feedback, which has previously been the greatest benefit of the site.

I repeat, it's a horrible change.

ProfChiara

I am really hoping this was a bad, stupid April Fool's Joke. If it's not, I doubt I will log in on a regular basis.

Get real, Marriott! You had a good site and you screwed it up.

ProfChiara

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Somethings wrong here.

• "new" insiders' site: a mess

While some of my posts seem to have been repeated, others are not even being processed. Like TJC or SteppingStones (I can't tell which since I can't easily refer back), I am not going to go through a multi-stage process to make a simple post.  It destroys the whole concept of Insiders.

ProfChiara

• Re: ;new insiders site..
    pltnmprincess Platinum

Under everyone's avatar it says "See other posts by.....".  When I clicked on that in the past, I would see all my posts including replies to other posts.  Now all I see in that list are my posts that started a thread, none of the replies to other posts are there.  At the bottom it says I have 4 pages of posts, but I can never get to anything other than the first page, which is the most recent.

I hope this thread is being looked at by the powers that be....it seems the concensus is one big "thumbs down" for the new updates.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"At the bottom it says I have 4 pages of posts, but I can never get to anything other than the first page, which is the most recent."

Princess and all,

What I'm struggling with is the focus on bells and whistles that make the online navigation experience more difficult.

I fully agree with the effort needed to verify that messages we authored are there.  Also, it's important to confirm that messages are being displayed correctly.  I have found messages that are truncated and forwarded the report to 'Marriott' via a Private Message.  You can also click Feedback

As we are all discovering, My Profile and Search functionality are broken.   Messages from 10 buckets were poured into 4 larger buckets.  Now the chronological sequence is scrambled and clicking Next Page is broken.

The same behavior happens in Search | Advanced Search.  The Search engine finds our messages, but doesn't have a clue what sequence to display them in.

Btw, the broken functions are independent of preferred browser.  If it's broke using Internet Explorer, it's broke in Firefox and broke in Google Chrome too.

Update 4/5:  Added Google Chrome

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...