4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2010 1:38 PM by anadyr RSS

Rate annoyance

ricoviaje Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Not the first time; staying at a Marriott property Wednesday through Sunday. The online rate drops considerably for the Friday, Saturday, Sunday stay, but when I book a room for the entire stay the rate change is not refelected and I end up with 5 nights at the higher rate. So, I book one room for the higher rate then another reservation for the lower rate and will ask them for consideration and consolidation upon arrival. My question: How can I work through this without this annoyance? Is my making two reservations alright and will it be recognized?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Rate annoyance
    tjcnewyork Platinum

I do it all the time and wind up calling Reservations to have them link the reservations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

Ditto... I do this on almost everyone of my stays... Pays to be a wise consumer...

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Based on the huge number of travelers who extend a business trip for a few days pleasure, I suspect it's pretty common to get two different rates (weekday v. weekend) and having them combined into a single reservation by the hotel.  I do that often and have never had a problem.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

If you stay at the same hotel a lot find out their loads for given nights of the week and offer to pay at a rate that guarantees them an occupied room for slower nights. Typically they would rather have a Sunday-Thursday stay or Tuesday to Friday to make their rev Par better in my experience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...