1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 30, 2010 10:43 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Come on - You are good - but you don't fool me!

pittlizard Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I love the Grand Rapids J.W. and have had large parties there, and even sent the President of my large international company I work for to this hotel.  I recomend it for the facility and the place.  It really is nice!

But two years the hotel gave a room key to a customer of mine who posed as me to the front desk.  He gained access to my suite, invited seven friends to my room to enjoy the expensive beverages some of food which the hotel had provided me.  When I reported it  and security removed them, but not after several of the "guests" had attempted to wear my clothing (8,000 dollars with of  suits) out of the hotel, and drank six bottles of alcohol, a case of beer, and a bottle of wine.  The hotel apologised - that is it!!!   I am out about 350 dollars with of boose, my room was a disaster, I had to threaten security to stop the men that were leaving with my clothing (they did stop them.)  And they said they were sorry!  I stay at the J.W. because of thier security?

This year I arrive and a upgrade was not available, but the front desk person told me there would be plenty of rooms the following day as the group that had them was leaving.  I wanted to pay for the available suite to be certain, but the front desk person insisted I would get a upgrade.  The next day the girl at the front desk says the room is available, then excuses herself to talk to the front desk manager, and then returns and tells me sorry a convention is in town!  I called Marriott and they had a suite available! 

I did not valet my car this time and when I was leaving with multiple bags, five valet, and door men stood there watching me struggle to open the door, and as the door closed behind me one of them laughed at me because I dropped one bag. 

Service has changed since this property opened several years ago.  They would greet me at the door with my name back them.  I will not stay here again. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Come on - You are good - but you don't fool me!
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

http://www.hotelchatter.com/files/admin/jwgrandrapids.jpg

The JW Grand Rapids turns the corner on 3 years in August 2010.  Did you escalate the Loss Prevention issues of 2 years ago to corporate?  Personally, I would not stop short of a full refund for failure to deliver upon the Marriott promise.

Regards the more recent incident, consider writing to GM of the hotel and Customer.Care@Marriott.com.  A detailed review on TripAdvisor.com will also compel management's attention.

Considering that Marriott culture is focused on exceeding guest expectations, it's important to be purposeful in stating your objective and desired outcome.  Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...