3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2010 9:52 PM by elseggal RSS

Leave a shoe in your room safe?

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The author of USAToday's Hotel Check-In suggests several interesting tips today.  Contributed by a frequent traveler, the author shares a novel idea; leave a shoe in your room safe.

Any Insiders have an adventure to share?

• Re: Leave a shoe in your room safe?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

TJ:

I always make it a point to speak with the person who will be servicing my room. I introduce myself, compliment his or her hard work, and ask about his or her workloads.

I also ensure that I speak with the engineering staff at larger full-service hotels that I stay at most frequently. 

This is more than just being nosy, it cements the bond between you,your room and the staff responsible foir it.  During one visit a housekeeper asked if I'd like more amenities than the normal, and I told her in my poor Spanish that I was collecting things for Operation Yellow Ribbon.

She apparently told the chief housekeeper and I was given, over the course of a week's stay about 40 pounds of soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotions!  All went to the bravest men and women serving us everywhere in the world.  Thanks to that housekeeper and her boss, and to Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Nothing to do with Marriott, but in SE Asia I gave my housegirl a carton of cigarettes every payday (cost on base $1.10), which I'm sure she sold on the black market for 10 USD.  This insured that I got my own underwear and socks back when the laundry was done.  I agree...establishing that relationship is very important.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

elseggal Platinum

great article!! thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...