3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 10:25 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Marriott Park Lane, London, Highly Recommended

smalltowntx Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I spent 3 nights at the Marriot Park Lane in London (not to be confused with the nearby Marriott Marble Arch).  The Park Lane is right next to the Marble Arch tube station, and across the street from Hyde Park.  I had stayed two nights prior at the Sheraton Park Tower in Knightsbridge with a friend who gets her points there.  I stayed a few days longer than she, so I moved to the Marriott.  The room at the Marriott was far superior.  Twice as big and much comfier.  A few little things that I loved...the heated towel rack in the shower, the fogless part of the mirror (shock when you first open the shower curtain, but a blessing when you don't have to wipe the fog away to do your hair), and the diffuser attachment that came with the hair dryer.  A few little things that made my stay even more amazing.

I ate dinner at the bar twice and LOVED it.  Perhaps the BEST crab cakes and the BEST caesar salad I've EVER had.  Honest.  The chef came out and I even told him so.  Peter was my waiter at the bar both times, and although he appeared to be fairly new, he was terrific.  And Tomas from the bell hop/concierge desk was equally amazing.  Tomas showed me all the secrets in my room (where the hair dryer was hidden and where the US adaptor plug was), and then he gave me terrific instructions for hopping on the bus to go meet my friend back at the Sheraton.

The location of this hotel was great.  A 2 minute walk around the corner of the building to the tube station made it very easy to get around.

For anyone trying to decide which Marriott to stay in, I highly recomment the Park Lane location!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...