This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2010 12:14 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Please Don't Change Post Topic or Forum

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know about the rest of you but I find it difficult to follow a thread when someone replies and changes the Title or Forum that  the original poster posted on.

I have found replys to a number of my posts on forums that I would never have even thought to review.

I don't think anyone but the original poster should have the editing opportunities to change the key fields on a post.

Your thoughts, please?

• Re: Please Don't Change Post Topic or Forum
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"I don't think anyone but the original poster should have the editing opportunities to change the key fields on a post."

By system default, new replies to an existing message always inherit the root Title. The community-at-large is free to ignore a post with an edited Title and/or respond to relevant points. To illustrate, take a look at 2009 Program Changes keeping in mind that under Insider T&C's, we are responsible for the content posted and always retain 'pride of authorship'.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

(Told you!)

Pingreeman

'Edit Post' | 'Save' is not enough to change the chronological order.  There must be a change in the content.  This is logical because the content is always being indexed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"error message"

Reported and escalated multiple times, the 'Delete' function has not worked for months. Regrets you experienced an Error Message. If it happens again, kindly try to capture the information and post a message to feedback.

Beware, until fixed, trying to 'Delete' can trash your browser resulting in loss of a message you might be authoring.  That's not fun.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Threads tend to unravel so to speak.  With the increasing number of postings I find it hard enough to see if anyone has reviewed and commented on my pearls of wisdom!

Perhaps Marriott Insiders could revise the site to allow us as posters to review all our posts (another option on the main forums page) and the fallout from each.

I think I need to make sure my tags are unique enough to find errant posts.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

While I agree there is some benefit to changing your own title to include something like 'UPDATED', I don't think anyone should be changing anyone else's posts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...