6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2010 4:15 PM by paulieg RSS

Anybody Recently Stayed at Orlando World Center Marriott Res

sbank1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning a trip to Disneyworld and are trying to decide on a hotel. I will use points or Marriott cheques. We are wanting to stay close to the property and have a place that has activities for the little ones (both under 7). Any comments or suggestions on this hotel and any other in the vicinity is appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anybody Recently Stayed at Orlando World Center Marriott Res
    lesliepamel Platinum

With young children, I would recommend Marriott's Harbour Lake resort at 7102 Grand Hoeizons Boulevard FL 32821 - www.marriott-vacations.com tel: 407465 6100

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iamcanadian Platinum 2 Reviews

If you're going to Orlando - try the JW vs. World Centre. Pool area is (in our opinion) the best in Orlando, with pool side drink & food service (excellent) and a fabulous lazy river. There are other activities for children as well. The JW shares property with Ritz Carlton, who have a kids program as well that you may be able to take advantage of. I have been back 3 times since last Easter and will never stay at another hotel/resort in this area again...the JW is just that great for families! If you are going over Easter break -- the JW has a daily list of activities for kids that is broad based...including an on-property easter egg hunt and easter baskets delivered to your room. World Centre is a nice hotel and their pool area is very good...but it just doesn't compare to this property. Hope this helps :-)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Am booked for 7 nights in a brand new 2 bedroom villa at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve early in July.  This is the newest Marriott Vacation Club and sits side-by-side with the JW and Ritz brands.  Owners and guests at Lakeshore Reserve will enjoy complimentary access to amenities at the JW, so experiencing the river and the slide is definitely on the to-do list.

Does anyone know if dining at the Ritz billed to your room at the JW earns MR points?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

TJC -- don't know about dining at the Ritz, but I can tell you that last Sept I got points for $$$$$ spent at the SPA and golf course while staying at the JW.  But didn't get credit for valet parking expense, but hotel did comp me 1 or 2000 points just for asking why they don't credit parking expense to my room.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks NUHusker.  It will be interesting to experience 3 different brands side-by-side.

paulieg Platinum

Great pool area for Kids and adults,they have other kid activitiy areas on ground floor level, excellent breakfast buffet,and close to the parks.We usually drove our own car over to the Disney parks maybe 4-6 miles. Short driving distance to other areas and shopping venues. We always stay there, will be at the hotel the last weekend in April. You and family will enjoy.

Paul Grabowski

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...