4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2010 5:04 PM by anadyr RSS

What's the Travel & Expense Budget Outlook?

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Chart 1. Real Tourism Spending

Following a positive increase in travel spending in Q3 2009, overall spending declined in Q4 2009.

What's the outlook on your 2010 travel expense budget? What impact if any does your budget have on brand loyalty?  How can Marriott contribute to accelerating the recovery?

Express your viewpoint on the brand that has the best loyalty program: VOTE!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What's the Travel & Expense Budget Outlook?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

2010 Travel Expense Budget for business.... ZERO. 

My client just signed a 1 year contract for me to work from home.  Has it's good points (hey, I'm home!) and bad... no hotel points and I'll probably become a babbling idiot due to lack of human face-to-face contact!  Wink

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"My client just signed a 1 year contract for me to work from home."

Congratulations on that contract.  Really.  Do you have enough rollover nights to requalify or will you rely upon leisure travel? 

This is the perfect time for Marriott to promote point redemption in combination with Elite Qualifying Bonus Nights.    Not only is it good for the hotels struggling with low occupancy, it's good for the brand image and will engage even more member loyalty, IMO.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks, TJCNewYork!

Luckily, I am now Lifetime Platinum!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Retired and a lifer (Platinum that is), so my budget is my own. I am more Brand conscious than before, and find that the newest Springhill Suites are actually preferable to all the other brands that Marriott offers, unless it is a special occasion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...