3 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 10:31 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Advice on transportation in Rome

nikaho Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Will be arriving in Rome 2 days before cruise begins and staying at Courtyard near airport.   Any advice about city tours and sightseeing in Rome would be appreciated.

Also, cruise line charges almost $400 for wife and I to travel round trip to cruise port.   Any advice on train transportation or other modes of travel  would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Advice on transportation in Rome
    costaricasusan Platinum

Nikaho...am not sure where your cruise port is but I just finished planning a month long trip in Italy and have found that travel by train is both quick and easy to plan and not expensive even for first class.  www.italiarail.com wiil have your tickets to your front door quickly.  Have fun!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Advice on transportation in Rome
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Here's a link to one such thread on Fodors.com.  If you search the site for 'FCO to Civitavecchia', you'll return many threads on the topic.

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/best-way-from-fco-to-civitavecchia.cfm

However, I don't recommend staying at the airport for 2 nights.  Too far from Rome to make good use of your time there.  You won't be able to go back to your hotel during the day to relax or freshen up, etc.  without wasting a tremendous amount of time.  Take a look at the CY Rome Central Park or the Grand Flora.

You can also search Fodors for tours in Rome.... there are many threads on that topic also.  And, Rick Steves has a number of free podcasts for Rome that you can download on his website.

Have a great trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...