2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2011 7:48 PM by bmoremarriott RSS

Marriott Key West Beach Resort-Hall of Fame

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have added the Marriott Key West Beach Resort to my Hall of Fame list of hotels. The facilities and service were outstanding, and platinum members are greatly appreciated. During my 7 night reward stay, I was upgraded to a 1 BR with full kitchen overlooking the pool, and received vouchers for daily buffet breakfast (outstanding omelets). The staff was extremely helpful and enthusiastic.

The condo style units are nicer than most MVC timeshares and are similar to the new Oceana Palms. The resort itself is in a tranquil location away from the crowds and noise of the downtown area, and a free hourly shuttle makes the Duval St. area very accessible. The pool and security staff did an excellent job of allowing the spring break students to have a good time without bothering other guests.

The pool and restaurant bars offer a great happy hour M-F from 5-7pm, including 1/2 price on very good wines by the glass. The restaurant bar also has 1/2 price tapas on T & TH, and is a very popular place for locals on those nights.

My only disappointment was the fitness facility, which was very poorly equipped. I was told that it will be upgraded in the near future. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Key West, Florida, USA
  • Re: Marriott Key West Beach Resort-Hall of Fame
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SuperChi,

That is great to hear!

Have a trip to KW and have not stayed there but have always enjoyed the CY and the FF Inn.

Keep us informed!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Key West Beach Resort-Hall of Fame
    bmoremarriott Platinum 60 Reviews

I disagree, just got back.  Got no upgrade as a platinum member and let me tell you, the standard rooms are awful.  No balcony and one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. The pool staff was about as slow as can be.  Room Service for my free wine (bypassed points as gift) was left in room with one glass, even though I checked in with wife.  When called and asked for another glass, they brought a bag of ice instead.  Finally got it right on second try.

The shuttle is great and the driver was VERY informative in giving us a little tour of the island. 

Overall not a great experience for me and I do not plan to return there any time soon.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...