2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2010 12:08 PM by egw019 RSS

LAX Renaissance or Marriott?

mltkjohnso Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I travel to the LA area for business and I'm a Marriott gold member. Which hotel is better (room comfort, TV, service, complimentary room upgrades)?  The Renaissance of the LAX Marriott?  Which has a better Concierge Lounge (i.e. internet, breakfast, evening snacks)?

Thanks.

• Re: LAX Renaissance or Marriott?
    nimblethunder Platinum 1 Reviews

Although its been nearly two years, I stayed on and off at both and found the Renaissance to be the nicer hotel.  The service was great, the lounge bar was quieter and had a nice choice of Tequila shots, and the concierge lounge offered great food.  The hotel is a bit off the beaten path and although its at the end of one of the east/west runways, you never hear the flights overhead.  The Marriott isn't a bad choice but its larger size tends to attract larger groups and noise

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: LAX Renaissance or Marriott?
    egw019 Platinum

I flew into LAX for years and now live on southern CA. When I fly out of LAX on an early flight I always stay at one of the two Marriots there. I prefer the Renaissance. Just a better quiter location. A one block walk to the Marriott if you must do something there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...