9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2010 4:20 AM by profchiara RSS

No Amenity when using Points?

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Last weekend I booked a room at the RI Gulfport Mississippi for my sister and her husband for the weekend using my points.  When they checked in, they were told by the person at the front desk that normally they would be able to choose a complementary food item from the market, but since they were staying on points they didnt have that option.  (Since I made the reservation, my Plat Premier number was associated with the reservation, even though it was in their name.)

Has anyone been denied their platinum arrival gift because they were using points?  I have always been given the amenity or points, so I wanted to see if this was a change in policy or just something wrong in this hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Amenity when using Points?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I was told after being asked that I might not get the points since I was staying on points, but they were posted anyway. I am always less than thrilled when an associate interprets a rule that I know is not a rule, but this gets to the issue of training associates on the intracacies of Marriott Rewards procdures!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I've never had this problem, whether it was me or a family member checking into the room reserved on points.  Make a little noise and you'll get the welcome points and probably a few others as well.

tjcnewyork Platinum

That's a bummer.  Like NUHusker I haven't experienced the problem nor have family members.   

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Unfortunately, Neither I, nor any family member using my points has ever generated amenity points for the stay.  I'm suprised others have said differently.  what a shame you have to cause a stir to get what should be yours. 

yunicorner Platinum

When I stayed in London on points last summer, I was still offered amenities or points. (I was Platinum back then.) I'm not sure if being an international hotel factors into play.

davefromto Platinum

I am currently just finishing a 7 night stay @ the Marriott Wailea and I was awarded my standard Amenity while using points for the room!

superchief1 Platinum

I recently completed a 7 night reward stay at the Marriott Key West Beachside Resort and received all of my platinum amenities, including: platinum check-in gifts, upgrade to 1 BR condo, and vouchers for daily breakfast buffet. High speed internet was complimentary, although wifi was not available. This hotel fully exceded my expectations.    

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

My family members staying on my points have been offered an amenity.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think you should contact the Marriott Rewards line and tell them about this hotel's policy.  I have always received points or an amenity wherever I've stayed on points.  I've also frequently been given room upgrades.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...