3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2011 3:07 PM by dbquilt RSS

Honeymoon Help

ukbradc Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to plan for a honeymoon in August somewhere in the Caribbean.  I have never been to the area but my fiancee has been to Costa Rica and want to try something new.  We've been looking at Aruba and St.Thomas, but are really open to anywhere that meets our tastes.  We're looking for someplace with a wide variety of activities to do, both in and outside the resort.  We'd like to avoid big family spots with a lot of kids this go-round and prefer a place where I can golf for a day while she visits the spa.  Cultural\history activities\tours are a plus too.  Any suggestions for the perfect Carribean destination (other than Costa Rica)?

• Re: Honeymoon Help
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

You have a few options for sure.  If you are looking to stay with Marriott propteries, St Thomas has the Frenchman's Reef and vacation club.  I have not golfed there but there is plenty of things to do there and on surrounding islands.  You can easily get to St John and the BVI by ferry for day trips, which is great if you can bail on cruise ship days.  *PLENTY* of shopping there as well.  All USD so no currency exchanges on top of the already rediculous pricing at local places.  Lots of good scuba diving in the area as well if you are into it.

Aruba is great.  There is a nice golf course there, plenty to see and do and its a larger island.  There are lot of island based activities but not so much for exploring other places.  The white sand beach is very fine, almost like baby powder where the USVI is not as fine/white. Both Aruba and St Thomas are easily accessible by plane.

There are some other properties down that way, something like St Kitts is more of a resort experience with cruise ship style excursion tours available.  The property is nice but not sure I could spend a week there if I wanted to do something each day.  The diving was amazing though :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

borntobemild Platinum 4 Reviews

Club le sport st lucia fits your description.

Great staff too.

Good Luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dbquilt Platinum

Frenchman's Cove (time share) and the next door Frenchman's reef in St Thomas are very good.  Prior to buying at the cove we stayed several times at the reef.  Excellent service, friendly staff. A little out of the way to see the rest of the island or to go to St John.  I highly recommend it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...