1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 12:07 AM by johans RSS

New Orleans Trip

enriquezfam Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Disappointed...booked a trip thru SW Airlines and selected the Marriott at Metairie.  After we got here, found out they do not have any type of shuttle service....$25 each way cab fare to French Quarter.  In addition, we selected the hotel because it has an indoor heated pool...after we got here we found it is an additional $5.00 per day/per use.

HBO in room was fuzzy and limited fare at onsite restaurant.  Again, if we want to see or do anything, we have to take a cab.  Will definitely learn to ready the fine print next time.  We did try to get our reservation moved to another Marriott closer to the quarter but was told nothing available.

Being a tourism town, very surprised that a hotel away from the action does not provide a shuttle.  Do not stay here if you want to explore New Orleans.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Metairie, Lousiana, USA
  • Re: New Orleans Trip
    johans Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Yes, this hotel is not set up for touring.

They are geared more for business travelers. I stay there frequently because the tourist do not. I notice a lot of regular guests there, because I see them frequently and they know Marriott staff names and vis versa.

It's a good hotel for business, except for their food, which I heard that they hired a new executive chef to fix that issue.

If you are in New Orleans for business, then this is a good hotel; if you are in New Orleans to tour, then look for another hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...