This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2010 11:10 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Which brand has the best loyalty/rewards program?

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://hwnawards.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/hwnheaderrev.gif

Like the Insider Home Page poll and the Travel Princess polls, this one question survey from Hotel World Network World merits your participation:  Which brand has the best loyalty/rewards program?

Who did you vote for and why?

• Re: Which brand has the best loyalty/rewards program?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I voted for Marriott, but find it curious that Starwood was not included.  Haven't they been found to be the best many of the most recent prior years?  Didn't they pioneer "no blackout days"?  Not to mention the Heavenly beds.....  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Good question. HWN certainly has tons of editorial on the brand including several recent news releases about the company's relocation to Stamford, Connecticut; the Starwood-Hilton corporate espionage case and more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lesliepamel Platinum

I voted for Hilton, because I believe Marriott has not got now, and with the current management team never will have, the same excellent Rewards programme that they had in 1986.

LesliePa

I commend you on your honesty and insight on your choice.  Your point is well taken.

tjcnewyork Platinum

LesliePamel

Direct, incisive and honest is good.  Regards management, are you referring to the management structure of Marriott in totality or a specific business segment?

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/Marriott%20Rewards%20Insiders/HWN-032310.jpg

Above:  HWN Poll Results at 11:24 am on 3/23/2010

Below:  HWN Poll Results at 5:08 pm on 3/23/2010

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/HWN-032310-2.jpg

Outstanding job Insiders!  Thanks for participating in the Hotel World Network Poll, Which brand has the best loyalty/rewards program?

Marriott continues to dominate the field as the leading brand. Your confidence in Marriott Rewards is very evident.

What makes Marriott so successful and deserving of your loyalty?  How did you VOTE and why?

Again, thanks in advance for your thoughtful contributions and candid remarks.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I decided not to participate in this vote"

Interesting choice of words and reminiscent of Sam Walton's reply to the 1991 recession, "I've thought about it, and decided not to participate".  Among several entrepreneurial ventures, Walton founded Wal-Mart.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__jKSQC1XK-Q/S4MflCmqIsI/AAAAAAAAAMc/bn6v2cXHhAU/s400/Decided+Not+To+Participate.jpg

Above:  RightBrain.WrightEngineers.com

Pingreeman  - excellent point!  i actually feel duped having taken the poll.  Nonetheless, I do believe mariiott has a great program.

tjcnewyork Platinum

shoeman

After 26 years loyal to Marriott and 75+ paid nights year-after-year, hundreds of 'deeded' nights enjoyed in unforgettable timeshare vacations and millions of hard-earned and well-spent Rewards points, I share your belief, "marriott has a great program".  Thanks for responding to the invite and participating in the discussion.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Polling, like breathing, tweeting, texting, and Seinfeld reruns seems to be everywhere these days. 

In my humble and often stated opinion, the poll that I take each time I stay in a Marriott is whether the experience at a hotel meets or exceeds my expectations, period.  That is my rationale for staying loyal to Marriott.

In the years since the company began the ability of Marriott to grow and prosper has been due in large measure to its commitment to its customer base.  The changes that occur in Marriott Rewards reflect good or bad economic times, but overall Marriott continues to deliver a quality product and distinguish itself in the marketplace.

So in my poll 100% of me agrees that it's a good program.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Just to take a step back for a moment, the March 11th post, Allergen-Free Rooms, inviting Insiders to participate in voting for the best loyalty program seemed worthwhile. 

Lackluster results from the Princess poll combined with recognition that other brands have their own loyal fan base set expectations very low. In fact, on March 18, HWN posted, Hilton HHonors surpasses 25-million members which reset my expectations even lower.

"So in my poll 100% of me agrees that it's a good program"

Thank you and very well said, Stepping Stones.  And, thanks again to all Insiders who participated in the poll. As always, Insider participation is welcome and thanks in advance for any comments positive or negative.

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy336/MemorableWeekends/carousel_insiders.gif

"I want to have an informed vote and I do not have enough experience with the other programs to make an intelligent vote."

The clarification prompts thinking about the structure of the ceased operations.   Rather than a sweeping generalization, there were specific categories of voting that were germane to 'experience'.  For example, Best Web Site or Best Redemption Program. 

While I gave Marriott very high marks for Best Web Site, the 2009 Program Changes compelled lower marks in the Best Redemption bucket.  Without surprise, HHonors took home the Freddie Award for Best Redemption Program in 2009.

Last year Marriott took home the Freddie Awards in 9 categories including Best Loyalty Program.  The HWN poll recently turned the corner on 600 votes.  That's less than 1% of the participation in the 2009 Freddies which was upwards of 700,000 frequent travelers.

With 32 million Marriott Rewards members, 600 or so votes cast at HWN says the-jury-is-still-out.  Even with members holding out for the very reason you feel strongly about, what's impressive is the magnitude of the gap between Marriott and the other brands.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"To the best of my knowledge, Marriott Rewards hosts the only brand-sponsored hotel-blog; posting this "Vote for Marriott" (in essence) on the Marriott Insiders skewed the results of the poll in favor of Marriott Rewards. I no longer trust the results of the poll."

Easter Greetings!

Pingreeman - Marriott Rewards Insiders is a privately branded online community and falls into a class of online solutions some refer to as Voice of the Customer.  Contrary to your comment, Marriott is ~not~ the only hotel company trying to engage guests 24/7.

In the wake of launching Insiders, the Intercontinental Hotel Group partnered with Communispace and a marketing agency, Digitas to develop ~3~ privately-branded online community solutions.

Marriott Rewards Insiders | LiveWorld and Intercontinental Hotel Group | Communispace were named finalists in the 2009 Forrester Groundswell Awards.

To date, the results of the Hotel World Network poll are self-evident:  Marriott is engaging its most loyal customers.  Perhaps participation merits reconsideration?  VOTE!

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/HWN-040410.jpg

Above:  Current standings as of April 4, 2010 10:30 am

nanszy Platinum

Marriott!!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Marriott!!!"

Thanks for affirming that!  There's more discussion here, we welcome your thoughts: Brand Scorecard: Is Hilton Overtaking Marriott?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...