5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2010 11:45 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Renaissance Munich vs Munich Airport Marriott

yunicorner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm debating on staying at the Renaissance Munich or the Munich Airport Marriott the night before a 9:30am flight. They both seem to have good reviews. While the Airport Marriott is closer to the airport, the 22 euro roundtrip shuttle service is a big turn-off. How long will it take to get from the Renaissance to the airport on the subway or on the Lufthansa shuttle? Also, both seem to not have concierge lounges so I'm guessing I'm getting breakfast coupons. Anyone know if one breakfast is better than the other? If you've stayed in both hotels, please let me know if you have a preference.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Munich vs Munich Airport Marriott
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I'd actually recommend the Courtyard downtown, close to the Alstadt.  Great location!  And, breakfast was included in my redemption stay.

And, it's close to the train station where you can either take the airport shuttle bus or a train to the airport.

The bus takes about 40 minutes.  Here's a link to the schedule:

http://www.airportbus-muenchen.de/cms/en/times_of_departure/munich/index.html#fahrplan

Train takes about 45 minutes.  Here's the info link:

http://www.munich-airport.de/en/consumer/anab/bahn1/index.jsp

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yunicorner,

I have done both and would not stay at the Airport hotel again.

The Ren, or Marriott in Munich are very superior and the shuttle ride is a straight shot up the autobahn.  Likewise the train is a straight shot right inside the airport.

Good luck, but it is not worth the extra time to me to stay by the airport.

yunicorner Platinum

Thanks NewHilton and jerrymorgan!

I got great rates for the Ren and the Airport Marriott so that's why I was comparing the two. I'm definitely leaning towards the Ren now. I'm considering staying at the Courtyard on another night so thanks for the mention of the included breakfast, NewHilton. If I'm traveling with a guest in the same room, will breakfast be included for them as well?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yunicorner,

There is NO Marriott breakfast better than the one at the Ren, in Munich!

There are many as good, but none better!

The rooms are really suites and special.  I have not stayed at the Cy, and I respect NewHiltons opinion, so you cannot go wrong.

Good luck!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I'd certainly think that breakfast for anyone in the same room would be included.  To verify, you can email the hotel.  Breakfast at the CY was very good! 

Have a wonderful trip!

And, thanks very much Jerry!  I, too, highly respect your opinions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...