6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2010 10:32 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

No suites at Marriott Marquis NYC for Platinum Premier mbrs

joetravel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've been staying at the NYC Marriott Marquis for about a month or so and the best upgrade I've received was a corner room on the 38th floor.  I was informed that the NYC Marriott Marquis does not upgrade PP's to Suites.  Are there any NYC Marriotts that show a little more love to PP's?

• Re: No suites at Marriott Marquis NYC for Platinum Premier mbrs
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hello Joe Travel.

I spend several nights a month in nyc Marriott's.  I too struggle to get upgraded.  That said, I do find that my odds go up dramatically when I am on a one night stay.  Seems the properties are much more willing to tie up a suite on an upgrade for one night than on a longer stay.  Does anyone else see tis in their travels?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

glennm Platinum

Last December, I stayed at both the Marquis and the Marriott Downtown.  As you discovered, no upgrade for the Marquis location.  At the Marriott Downtown, we did get a harbor view upgrade staying on points.  Also received a suprised gift of cheese and crackers delivered to our room.  Downtown caters more to the business traveler.  Close proximity to Ground Zero, Wall Street and Battery Park. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No suites at Marriott Marquis NYC for Platinum Premier m
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Glenn,

Thanks for the tip!

I personally do not like to stay at the Marquis, but your suggestion is a great one.  I have been staying at the Ren. or the CY south of Times Square.  I really enjoy walking to Duke's Deli and having great fresh dishes!

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/n/nycrt/phototour/nycrt_phototour41.jpg

Jerry,

Speaking of the Ren, Andrew recently posted a Destination Spotlight in the Insider Lobby featuring Celebrated Chefs.

Among the highlights, Two Times Square Restaurant & Lounge is a real standout.

• Re: No suites at Marriott Marquis NYC for Platinum Premier m
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

TJC,

Thanks so much!

Great picture and information.  

There is really nothing wrong with the Marquis, it's just way too busy for me!  Wonderful location, I just cannot handle the stress of too much of too much!

Although I have never been there, give me your Wentworth-by-the Sea!

Working in Indiana right now, cold, rainy, etc. and I need the dreams of NY, Rome, and Paris!

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2009_05_green1.jpg

JoeTravel:

Congratulations, I hope you are enjoying the Marquis. On an average day, New York City hosts upwards of 20 million commuters, visitors, conventioneers, tourists, guests and residents - of which I am one.  With the demand for accomodations so high, and many travelers willing to pay rack rates to experience the thrill, the expectation of landing one of 2,000 highly coveted rooms at the Marquis let alone a corner room on 38 with an incredible vista is amazing.

Since last May, seven blocks along Broadway are transformed into pedestrian plazas at Herald Square and Times Square.  Non-stop activity plus the throngs of people create an intense and quite exhilirating experience.  All this vibrancy at the hotel's doorstep can make a stay at the Marquis, "too much of too much" as Jerry says.  After a month of this exposure, I certainly understand the need to want to retreat to a suite.  As Platinum Premier, it's well-deserved.  Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...