11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2010 12:34 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Ghent, Belgium Marriott Hotel

jamesp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This is one of our  favorite properties and we have 194 under our belt so far.  The view of the canals and old town out the back door is fantastic and it serves as a great base for day trips to many different locations.  We have even gone as far as Amsterdam for the day from this hotel.  Isabel, the reservations manager, is top notch....very helpful.  Brugge and Antwerp are also great day trips from here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ghent, Belgium Marriott Hotel
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks, James!  Good to hear... I have a couple of nights booked here in early October.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

drewtipton Gold

This is one of the nicest properties.  One word of advice, though.. parking and moving through the city can be a bit difficult, especially during the more popular times of the year.  It took us 30 minutes to get through the traffic from the first time we saw a directional sign to this hotel until we finally got there. 

Thanks for the heads up, Drew!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

JamesP,

This is a great idea!

Sometimes I want to get a break from AMS and this would be a real option.  Don't use a car, so the train would be a great way to commute.

Thanks!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

To JamesP and others,

I'm including a few photos of the Ghent Marriott as well as the beautiful city. I want to echo how wonderful Isabelle is!  I think this truly is one of Marriott's premier properties.

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

Professor

Simply stunning photos, thanks for posting!

Thanks, TJC!

I'm one of those people who takes about 400 more photos than needed everywhere I go.  I can't say enough about Ghent -- it's one of those real hidden treasures Marriott asks us to use as tags.

ProfChiara

bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

This is an amazing property! Really not too noticeable from the outside, but the inside is fantastic. A few updates for those headed there this year:

There is construction on the canal, so walking out the back or side door puts you into a rock pile.  This is easily averted by going out the front door, turning right, and walking around to the bridge / intersection (a 1 minute walk).

There is no concierge lounge, however the staff eagerly gives you breakfast (for two) coupons as well as drink tickets for the bar.

Lastly, remember that Thursday evenings are "sale" night at all the shops so the section of town that the hotel is in is busy with heavy foot traffic usually until 10 or 11pm!

Enjoy!

Troy

Many thanks, Troy and Professor!

Looking forward to my stay here later this year!

Besides the great free breakfasts and the drink coupons (for each day), I also got a 'snack' coupon to go with each.  The snacks could constitute full meals (and there's a menu of them), so in many ways you get more than you would in a concierge lounge for free.  That said, the restaurant is fantastic.

ProfChiara

Woohoo!!!  This is getting better and better all the time!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...