2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2010 9:26 AM by anadyr RSS

Rewards notifications - confirmations

surfdog Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I like the way Marriott makes it so easy to redeem rewards for organizations outside of their own.  My issue is that I redeemed a Hertz Rental for a vacation week, and forgot to print out the acknowledgement.  The points were removed from my account, but how do I get a copy of the acknowledgement and how do I confirm the rental the car?  Marriott needs to give clearer direction in this matter.  Also an immediate email with the reward redemption would be nice.  It may be coming I just have not seen it yet.  I redeemed the reward 30 mins ago. Any ideas?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards notifications - confirmations
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"The points were removed from my account, but how do I get a copy of the acknowledgement and how do I confirm the rental the car?  Marriott needs to give clearer direction in this matter."

Surfdog

Welcome to Insiders and thanks for posting your feedback about redeeming points for a Hertz rental. While I have rented from Hertz to earn points, I've never redeemed points to rent.  After searching Marriott.com and Hertz.com longer than I would like to admit, it's quite frustrating to come up empty-handed.  I'm stumped.

Since Marriott is dipping into your account, there should be a confirmation stating the reward redeemed and the number of points used along with your balance.  Just like every other car rental company, my expectation is that Hertz has to confirm the car reserved with the dates along with itemization of the taxes, surcharges and fees that you can expect since the Marriott Rewards T&Cs state those items are not covered by the award.

For questions, Hertz provides this contact number for Guest Services: 1-800-450-4442 in the US.  If you do call them, do ask to speak with a supervisor about your feedback.  The alternate is to e-mail Customer.Care@Marriott.com  

Do let us know how this plays out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards notifications - confirmations
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Call Marriott Rewards and explain the problem. They may be able to email a duplicate cert ti you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...