10 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2010 11:44 AM by anadyr RSS

Lifetime Platinum Status

pointsrus Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott has it right. Several years ago I received lifetime Platinum status. Instead of the usual "what have you done for me lately" mentality of airlines and other hotel chains, Marriott chooses to recognize long standing loyality. It has had the intended effect-I don't stay in Marriott properties any less.

Delta has gone in the same direction-1MM miles-lifetime silver, 2MM gold and 4MM platinum.

• Re: Lifetime Platinum Status
    bigcoyoteaz Platinum

What are the specific requirements for lifetime status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

From the Marriott Website...

As our ambassador has informed the community, we wanted to share with you a few updates made to all Elite level Lifetime criteria. As noted, the requirements regarding years enrolled in the program (at least 12) and nights stayed will not be changing. The main changes impact the point threshold. With this in mind, requirements are now as follows:
    Achieved Silver / Gold / Platinum Elite status one or more years

Earned at least 1.2 million / 1.6 million / 2.0 million points

Stayed at least 600 / 800 / 1000 nights

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I've been a 1 million mile lifetime Gold member with American Airlines since 1999

paisawarrior Platinum

I agree with you, totally.  I have also receive the same honor as you about 3 years ago (Platinum for life).  I look at the Marriott brand as my home away from home.

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

I am quite confident I have achieved the status under the odler more stricter criteria, and an unsure MArriott Rep confirmed it, but I did not receive any kind of ackowledgement via mail or e-mail--should there be???  This is why I am doubting...I was told I will receive the acknowledgement in a year I Don't reach platinum, and then the Lifetime Status will kick in....does this make sense to anyone?

tjcnewyork Platinum

Frankiesso et all:

Congratulations. That's quite a remarkable achievement.  Earlier, we had quite a discussion on the topic.  When you have chance, feel free to add your thoughts: Good news for Lifetime Achievement

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Woohoo!!!  My Lifetime Platinum card arrived today!!!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

New Hilton,

Congratulations!

You will enjoy your new status.

• Lifetime Platinum Status
    doublecorona Platinum

Other than not needing to re-qualify, what, if any, benefits are attached to the Lifetime Platinum?  I still can't seem to get upgrades to anything more than a concierge level room 9 times out of 10.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have found that most associates merely see the word "Platinum" (P7 as I recall is the code in the reservation but that may have changed) and do not identify the lifetime or platinum premier as being a different variety of the honor.

I have a sense that training to accommodate this special honor is needed, and hopefully is coming soon,