12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 8:05 PM by ne_traveling_man RSS

Perplexed about Marriott Correspondence

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was surprised when I opened my Platium elite benefits statement to read " Although the number of nights required to renew your Elite level were not quite met, enjoy your benefits for another year with our compliments".  (signed by Bill Marriott + Arnie Sorenson)

Yet, towards the end of 2016, I looked online it showed I had 78 nights (& I was expecting a couple of more nights due to credit card activity).  Although I appreciate this (keeping me Platinum), I'd appreciate this even more if it were sent when I actually need it-- NOT when I had already earned it myself. 

I'm perplexed.  How/ why would Marriott make such a mistake?  Has anyone else received such errant correspondence?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Perplexed about Marriott Correspondence
    PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

I received the same correspondence even though I had achieved Lifetime Platinum towards the end of December of 2016. However, I just received a second correspondence which congratulates me on earning the lifetime status. Perhaps the original was a prematurely scheduled mailing which was generated in early December?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for your suggestion PSU Fan.  Although that could be a possibility, since status is contingent on total of nights during the year, I'd be scratching my head why they'd prepare these before the end of the year.  This way they could see who is really close & send them this correspondence.

Actually you bring up another good point.  I qualified for lifetime Gold status last year and have yet to receive ANY acknowledgement or correspondence concerning that.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi gomer,

Those 78 Elite Nights would also have included any Elite Rollover Nights that carried over from 2015. These Elite Rollover Nights from 2015 do not count towards Elite Status renewal in 2017. More details are available at the following link: Elite Rollover Nights FAQs Page.

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for any confusion.

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Andrew,

Appreciate your response; however, I don't recall having any carryover nights from 2015.  Any way you can check on this?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Sure can, gomer!  We've reached out via direct message.

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Carat,

Did you get my rewards number?  If not, please let me know how to get it to you.

Thanks!

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Cara, thanks for confirming my point. 

I just received my annual Platinum correspondence (which is why I posted this).  It stated that although I had NOT achieved enough nights to maintain my Platinum status, they were extending my status for another year.--- 2017.  You confirmed that not only did I have enough nights to qualify for platinum during 2016 (for 2017), I ended up with 3 carryover nights going into 2017--- thus exceeding the 75 required for platinum status for 2017.

Yet, somehow corporate Marriott seems to think I didn't qualify (per their comments in my platinum mailing).  THIS is my point.  How could they show that I was short nights--- yet you confirmed that I was 3 nights over?  Although I appreciate they would extend my platinum status (when they thought I didn't qualify), I DID qualify on my own.  (and would appreciate their kind actions should I fall short sometime down the road).  Can you please check into this since both bacon14 & I appear to have experienced the same issue?  Thanks!

bacon14 Platinum

gomer and carat I just received my 2017 Platinum Elite Benefits and got the same notice. 

I had no rollover nights from 2015 and in fact rolled over nights from 2016 to 2017.  Very interesting .....

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for responding bacon14... for a while I thought PSU Fan & I were the only ones.  I had the same thing (roll over nights into 2017).

bacon14 Platinum

Thanks for posting about it!  When I received my notice, I knew I'd already seen a thread about it so I wasn't the only one! 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

How odd.  We'd like to look into this for you as well, bacon14.  Would you mind sending a direct message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I wouldnt mind Marriott notifying me that even though Im short on nights stayed to upgrade me to Lifetime Platinum!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...