14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2017 12:43 PM by thomaslee RSS

Missed Gold

identicalcash Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Missed gold last year by three nights.  Is there anything that I can do to get gold for this year?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missed Gold
    Jsucool76 Gold

3 options

1) Get the ritz carlton credit card - Instant gold status year 1, maintain it by spending 10k every year on the card

2) Get the amex platinum card. SPG Gold status, and linking accounts will get you marriott gold status

3) Stay more nights

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Love #3 Jsucool76, and very true.

Hey identicalcash you may want to give Guest Services a call as they will sometimes in goodwill offer you the next Elite level when you're that close.

seatexan Platinum

Gold challenge?

j&c Platinum

Agree w/ SeaTexan. As Silver for 2017, assuming 22 rollover nights from 2016, if you're planning 6 paid stays in the next 3 months - of 1 or more nights each -  do ask for a Gold Challenge. C

According to

Re: Gold Challenge

your status will be valid through January 2019. To maintain status after that, you would need to stay the required number of nights in 2018.

Message was edited by: J&C

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight here, Jsucool76, IAHFLYR & SeaTexan!  Should you have any additional questions, identicalcash, feel free to reach out.

thomaslee Silver

I also miss Gold. Is there a Gold Challenge for year 2017? Enroll me, please. Thanks in advanced.

identicalcash Silver

With the Challenge is it 6 nights or stays in 90 days?

Jsucool76 Gold

6 stays in 3 months

But if I remember correctly (and this might be for a challenge for another brand so correct me if I'm wrong please )

If you were to start your challenge on say February 3rd , you would get all of February and then 3 months after that to complete your challenge.

That may be for American airlines though. Who knows anymore. Lol.

felixf5 Platinum

I think you're right on that one From my gold challenge last year:  "The dates of this offer are from 09/13/2016, 12/31/2016."

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Before you sign up for a Gold challenge, you might want to check if you got any rollover nights from last year. You may already have a great head start on reaching Gold.

Keep in mind you can only do one status challenge in a year, so if you think you could reach Gold through your planned stays and would like to keep the option of doing a Platinum challenge available, consider holding off on starting a Gold challenge. Of course if it will take you until late in the year to reach Gold the "hard way" and you can get the 6 stays over 3 months quickly, definitely go with the challenge.

jrewing Gold

I will probably get the Amex Platinum, since it will get me Gold every year. Waiting for the 100,000 sign up bonus again.

Kingfish45 Silver

Had a slow travel year and didn't make enough to keep gold.  But Marriott was nice enough to grant me gold status without me having to beg.  Have been a member for 26 years And a faithful Marriott user.  However, as a backup I got the Amex business platinum that gives me Starwood and thus Marriott gold-as will as Hilton gold elite.   An expensive card but the airline rebates and lounge benefits cover that.  Not pushing the credit card, but that is one way to keep it as long as you keep the card

YogiB Platinum

Also keep in mind the Marriott credit card instantly gives you 15 elite night credits to get closer to your next status.

On top of that, you'll get a CAT4 or CAT5 certificate upon approval and a whole bunch of bonus points.

First year is free and you're free to cancel at any time. But the free CAT5 cert + 15 elite nights at every anniversary date make up for the yearly fee, on top of the 5 MR points / $ at Marriott properties. US residents even get extra perks (such as an extra elite night credit per 3k$ spend).

Not a bad deal.

pointjunkie Platinum 2 Reviews

Agree with YogiB!  It's all about the  ...points, miles, upgrades, perks, "free" stuff.....yada!  yada!  yada! 

And all the fun trying to utilize all of it every year!  Yikes! that reminds me... I've got 90 days left to use my "free" night certificate....got to get planning on that one too.

My choice- Marriott credit card. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...