8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2017 1:59 PM by jerryl RSS

Info about Crystal City Gateway concierge level and Metro stop

iaswafterall Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi! Booked a reward stay at Crystal City Gateway largely because it is right on the Metro, and we are a family of 5, so being able to fit us all in a hotel room for a good point rate isn't the easiest task.

I can't figure out how we will access the Metro. Is there a walkway (underground?) from the lobby or?

Also, can you give me some insight for what we might expect food-wise in the lounge? I have never stayed concierge level and I'm excited! Celebrating 10 years of marriage, might as well live it up eh?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington DC, Virginia, USA
marriott crystal city gateway
  • Re: Info about Crystal City Gateway concierge level and Metro stop
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

How bout we bring in a local geezer who just might be able to help you out.....come on erc step up to the plate yet again!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Bonzer jumping through a hoop  The IAH and Erc show

1) There is a walkway (tunnel) at the hotel, which by following the signs will take you to the Metro without having to go outside. As you face the check in desk, it's about 30 yards to the left (they will of course show you). It takes you under Rt. 1 (still Jefferson Davis Highway, although it was close).

2) The staff was very service oriented, including the concierge personnel upstairs. Although the corporate policy is elite plus one, I had three adult guests and had no problem, early '16. I'm pretty sure they will allow everyone in, but to increase odds, have the gang all together and appearing troublefree .  I don't recall the exact food served, but I had excellent dessert there (you can grab some waters and sodas for your sightseeing). On weekends, breakfast is in the restaurant (this is where you may face the elite plus one, so use your charm at check in).  Overall, they are very friendly and will work to help you and your family have an excellent stay (tell 'em how Insiders raved about their service - it's true, and it works). Have a good time.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

On the road again!!

iaswafterall Silver

Thank you so much! It wasn't clear to me based on other info I could gather. I really appreciate your help!

I think we will take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to get us from DCA to the hotel on the first day, rather than try and figure out which tunnel to follow after the Metro stop.

I will make sure the 3yo knows to look as innocent as possible as she lines up waiting for breakfast.

Paying an extra $10/night for concierge level sounds like it will be well worth it! The cash rate would have been an extra $100 night for the upgrade. YAY

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I stayed at this hotel last spring and the staff was amazing.  It's a great location and a great hotel.

BTW, right around the corner is a delightful family Greek restaurant called Athena Pallais, where I have eaten dozens of times and have never been disappointed . 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

erc they also have a great lobby bar . good for people watching and food and a drink

iaswafterall Silver

Great to hear! Sounds like we are going to really enjoy our stay.

Still looking at getting around town. Will probably purchase a Metro pass for our stay, and I'm debating whether to do one of those hop-on-hop-off tours. The main thing that is out of the way is the National Cathedral. One of the tour b usses would take us there, but then again they only run every 40 minutes according to their site, so we might just as well take a Metro as close as we can, then a city bus. Dunno.

If we had older kids (who didn't need car seats) I would just take Uber and call it good. I suppose I could still do that, but I need too many seats for that. Sigh.

It's the 6yo and 8yo who really want to see the National Cathedral, as they saw it on a documentary and thought it looked incredible. I told them the bus ride might be awhile, and 6yo said "it won't take as long as it took us to drive to Canada, so whatever!"

Bus might really be the most straightforward and cost-effective.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes there is a tunnel that goes direct from the hotel to metro and the underground shops and restaurants

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...